Natural family planning

Pne1985

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this would be the right forum to post on this but couldn’t find a thread with exactly what I was looking for. We are not trying (unfortunately, I would love another baby) but am looking for advice from women who have used this method successfully. We are trying to avoid any form of contraception even the withdrawal method. Are there any women that have tips/opinions that have been successful?

What "method" are you asking about? Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding your question.

What "method" are you asking about? Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding your question.
Technically, I would like to abstain ovulation days and leading up to. Since I posted this my cycles have been so screwed up. I made an appointment with my dr to see if they can draw bloodwork to check hormone levels. I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ve taken ovulation strips to determine what day I’m ovulating but haven’t got a positive. Last cycle was only 17 days long so who knows! Hopefully I get answers soon and get back to my normal cycle so I know what’s going on! :roll:

I know you asked for successful fp, but my 3rd was failed because my ovulation was irregular, actually got pregnant after my 1st pp AF. I ovulated on cd27 or 28 I believe. I didn't do bbt and only used opk if I noticed being fertile mucus. We actually BD early morning hours the day after I Od.

I wouldn't recommend unless you are okay with a potential surprise pregnancy. I was very aware of my body, tracking but with not doing bbt, having a late O, and just being distracted with work and caring for 2 kids that were less than 3 y.o. it didn't work. In any case she's been a blessing and I'm quite happy nfp failed.

If you want to, I would either use a condom or abstain until O has been confirmed.

We have always done natural family planning. My ovulation is always between cd16cd17. We typically have abstained from anything but pull out method from cd10ish-cd18ish. Give or take a few days. My cycles are pretty regular and always have been. I also use ovulation tests every couple of months just to double check myself.

I also second tho that this method can be extremely successful but you have to be ok with a "surprise ". Cus it can definitely happen!

We used the fertility awareness method for 2.5 years, it’s like NFP but we use condoms during fertile phase so we don’t ever have to abstain if it doesn’t work for us. The last year of that my cycles weren’t regular, and we did end up having a surprise pregnancy that occurred on day 6 of my cycle. That ended in a chemical pregnancy before 5 weeks and I only tested because I had some weird dreams!!

I knew without regular cycles it wasn’t reliable. And we were open to a possible unplanned pregnancy (our current pregnancy was planned). I know of one woman who was doing NFP and using all signs and symptoms, and opk’s, and still got pregnant with her 3rd, unplanned. But other than that I haven’t heard any personal stories of failed NFP. But if you’re 100% against having a pregnancy I would use a barrier method or even consider a long term method from mid AF till you are confirmed 3 days post O.

Also, I hate to say this, but if you as a woman are fully in control of the NFP calendar, and you realllly would love another baby, it’s really easy just to say to your partner that you’re on CD 8 and it’s a safe day, when you’re actually CD 9 and possibly unsafe. Thoughts like that do creep in!! Best to keep your partner in the loop on cycle days by educating them.
I’m not sure if this would be the right forum to post on this but couldn’t find a thread with exactly what I was looking for. We are not trying (unfortunately, I would love another baby) but am looking for advice from women who have used this method successfully. We are trying to avoid any form of contraception even the withdrawal method. Are there any women that have tips/opinions that have been successful?

I know you asked for successful fp, but my 3rd was failed because my ovulation was irregular, actually got pregnant after my 1st pp AF. I ovulated on cd27 or 28 I believe. I didn't do bbt and only used opk if I noticed being fertile mucus. We actually BD early morning hours the day after I Od.

I wouldn't recommend unless you are okay with a potential surprise pregnancy. I was very aware of my body, tracking but with not doing bbt, having a late O, and just being distracted with work and caring for 2 kids that were less than 3 y.o. it didn't work. In any case she's been a blessing and I'm quite happy nfp failed.

If you want to, I would either use a condom or abstain until O has been confirmed.

yes we basically were abstaining until after O. It makes my husband nervous even then when I know for sure O is way done but he has also said at times he for some reason doesn’t think we are done having kids. I would totally be okay with another child.. I may be a little overwhelmed but still okay with it! Not like I’m not half crazy now as it is! Haha

We have always done natural family planning. My ovulation is always between cd16cd17. We typically have abstained from anything but pull out method from cd10ish-cd18ish. Give or take a few days. My cycles are pretty regular and always have been. I also use ovulation tests every couple of months just to double check myself.

I also second tho that this method can be extremely successful but you have to be ok with a "surprise ". Cus it can definitely happen!
We have always used pull out except when we were first dating then we used condoms and we have been together for 14 years. I have only gotten pregnant when we have actually fully DTD, that I know of so pull out has been successful for us. I’m just having a hard time seeing if I’m actually ovulating right now. My cycles have always been so regular and now for the past couple months, I don’t know what’s going on!

Also, I hate to say this, but if you as a woman are fully in control of the NFP calendar, and you realllly would love another baby, it’s really easy just to say to your partner that you’re on CD 8 and it’s a safe day, when you’re actually CD 9 and possibly unsafe. Thoughts like that do creep in!! Best to keep your partner in the loop on cycle days by educating them.
I am control of nfp for the most part but I want to be completely honest with my husband also. I don’t want to trick him. He would be okay with another child but I would feel so guilty for lying to him. I was temping with our last but had a surprisingly early O and got pregnant on cd8 or cd9 and we only dtd on cd4, so our beautiful daughter was definitely meant to be here. He thought I lied to him but I didn’t. It just isn’t up to us 100%!

I am control of nfp for the most part but I want to be completely honest with my husband also. I don’t want to trick him. He would be okay with another child but I would feel so guilty for lying to him. I was temping with our last but had a surprisingly early O and got pregnant on cd8 or cd9 and we only dtd on cd4, so our beautiful daughter was definitely meant to be here. He thought I lied to him but I didn’t. It just isn’t up to us 100%!
Yeah totally. You definitely hear the stories about those early O’s. I just hated the thoughts creeping in that I could get pregnant if I just shifted my dates a bit.

Yes, oh I’ve thought of it and I think because of early O with our third is why he is so hesitant to rely on it or rely on me telling him when it’s safe! We did before my cycles went haywire, but he still got anxiety until my next period came! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->