Natural IVF/ Mini IVF

Lunabelle

Mother of one
Reaction score
anyone going through or starting natural IVF in 2019/2020? Anyone that has succeeded using this method? And what was your story?

We did IVF in 2016 and I got pregnant and had a healthy baby girl in 2017. I did, however, have a very difficult pregnancy and one of the problems was Cholestasis which is a hereditary pregnancy induced liver disease and can be made worse by the IVF hormones. In fact I have been told I will never be able to take the pill again (not that it's needed anyways). Therefore, when I heard of natural IVF I got excited as I feel this could be something for us.

The reason we did IVF was male factor infertility (low no. of sperm, low motility and mobility) and i have irregular cycles and polycystic ovaries (no extra testosterone so not the PCOS therefore). They were unsure if I could get pregnant naturally - the reason for IVF was male factor.
I do wonder though if my irregular cycles will be a problem for mini IVF? I still haven't got my period back since having my first baby, but I am still breastfeeding her. Before the baby I used to have cycles within the range of 28-90days - not once in a year was it the same duration.

I read on the internet that natural IVF is suitable for male factor infertility, but is there a limit to how low quality the sperm can be? When we did IVF we had very low success at getting good embryos so i am worried of how this would actually work with just one egg?

We are not yet ready to start trying again, we will visit our doctor only in August/September time so untill then I will not be able to discuss the possibility of natural IVF with her. So I hope to be able to discuss this here meanwhile.

I've not used this method but didn't want to leave you hanging with no responses. I hope it works out for you!

So we're waiting for IVF ICSI because of MFI (sperm aren't swiming well)
I haven't entertained the thought of natural IVF and I personally probably wouldn't (but you might get lucky)
Thr reason being, with ICSI they inject the sperm into the egg, so the sperm that can't swim well don't have to swim like they do for standard IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->