Natural labour after previous induction - has anyone got any experience?

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone gone into labour naturally after a previous (two previous) inductions.

Both of my daughters were induced at 37/38 weeks due to IUGR. I had the pessary, ARM & then the Syntocin drip. I have had growth scans with baby number 3 and so far he is measuring perfectly.

I am hoping to go into labour naturally this time but I don’t know whether this would be like a first time labour or whether the previous speed of my inductions (both quick once contractions started - 4 hours & 1.5 hours) would have any bearing. Also does the gestation of the induction mean anything in relation to when I might go into labour?

I've no personal experience to share but want to say good luck, hope you get the birth you hope for <3

Going to jump on this thread if you don’t mind, I’m in the same boat! Will be going naturally with this one, but my two before were both inductions. :) x

Going to jump on this thread if you don’t mind, I’m in the same boat! Will be going naturally with this one, but my two before were both inductions. :) x

We have almost the same due date, I am 35 weeks 2 days. Also in the UK. Have you had any twinges yet? How are you feeling?

I had natural labour after an induction, and it was a (comparative) dream as far as they pain went. I didn't use (or have time for) any drugs.
As far as the gestation and the time of induction, it certainly had no bearing in my case. All my kids were late: the first (induced) by 4 days, the second (natural) by 14 days and the third (induced) by 16 days.

I was induced with DD1 . She was 9 days late and my labour wasn’t progressing . Ended up with forceps as she was stressed !

DD2 on the other hand 5 days early . Active labour 30 minutes ! Was sure she was going to be born in the car in way hospital !!

Good luck ! x

We have almost the same due date, I am 35 weeks 2 days. Also in the UK. Have you had any twinges yet? How are you feeling?

Ah, how exciting! :D where in the UK are you? I’m in Kent. Not really, just the odd phase of Braxton Hicks, how about you? I’m feeling okay, just getting really fed up now! :haha: Very ready for her to come! Yourself? Xx

As far as the time spent in labour, my induction WAS true to how I give birth. My first was 4 hrs.

Midwives were like,&#8221; we&#8217;re not sure how your body labours naturally so we don&#8217;t know what your second labour will be like&#8221;.

Second labour was 90 minutes all natural.

So I would say it&#8217;s very possible your third labour will be very very quick if your previous 2 were that quick, even though they were inductions.

I don&#8217;t think the gestation will really dictate when this baby will come, because each pregnancy is different but they say labour&#8217;s usuallt half in time so you might only have 45 mins once you are sure you&#8217;re having contractions!! I&#8217;m in the same boat this time.

I have had the opposite. I have a 3.5hr and a 2hr with my first two natural labor&#8217;s and then 7hrs with my induction at 38 weeks so I am interested what happens this time with my 4th going natural. Good luck ladies I can vouch that induction contractions are ten times worse than natural so it will be a nice surprise for you when it happens

We have almost the same due date, I am 35 weeks 2 days. Also in the UK. Have you had any twinges yet? How are you feeling?[/QUOTE]

Ah, how exciting! :D where in the UK are you? I&#8217;m in Kent. Not really, just the odd phase of Braxton Hicks, how about you? I&#8217;m feeling okay, just getting really fed up now! :haha: Very ready for her to come! Yourself? Xx[/QUOTE]

I am in Staffordshire:) I have had some pretty strong BH and some crampy days but they are all over the place, I can&#8217;t wait for babies arrival now, I&#8217;m really hoping I only have another week a bit but I know the likelyhood is I will go over..... these last few weeks really are the worse lol

Induced with daughter 40+3 due to high blood pressure and borderline pre-e. Labour 7 hours, was hyperstimulated and was not a pleasant experience!
My son came naturally at 40+5, 7 hour labour again so timing wise was the same. Despite being back to back and born sunny side up was a dream, never felt out of control like first time :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->