• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Natural v. Medicated FET??

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Question for FET ladies. What do you guys think about natural vs. medicated FET cycles?

I had an ER done at the beginning of this month with the plan of having an "off cycle" to recover, and then a natural FET the cycle after that. But I'm CD23 in the off cycle with no signs of ovulation whatsoever. So basically, there's a good chance I'm completely down-regulated from the stim cycle, so it'll potentially be a very very long and/or anovulatory cycle. So - I can either wait it out and go with a natural cycle FET whenever the timing works out. Or I can go ahead and start up on BCP tomorrow, and work into a medicated FET. Are there any real cons to going medicated over natural? What have other ladies done?

TIA for any help!

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the question about whether you can start the bcp immediately and go right into a medicated FET. I just don't know. I do know my RE encourages natural FET's, assuming your body ovulates naturally on its own. She doesn't see any purpose in adding medication to simulate ovulation if your body naturally ovulates. That makes perfect sense to me. According to her, studies suggest better outcome with natural FET's, so they are becoming more and more common.

My 2-year-old was the result of a natural FET, and we will be doing another one in a few months. The only drugs I did was a trigger shot at the time of natural ovulation (to assure ovulation and help with transfer timing) and progesterone suppositories. I'm pretty sure by body hates the stimms, as I've never been successful after a fresh transfer.

I'm hoping your body starts cooperating and you have success for #2, whichever route you go!

I did a medicated FET and my RE almost exclusively does medicated FETs.

Much easier to control and get the timing right. I really have no complaints and would do it again since it obviously worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"