Naughty foods!

Dec gets treats on a Friday with Dan. No harm in them having treats as long as it is not every day and like someone already said as long they dont live on Mac Donalds.
Does anyone mind if I give a bit of advice while we are on the subject of treats, alot may already know this, but it is not the amount of sugar your child eats that will damage their teeth it is the frequency they get it, so if you are going to give your child a chocolate bar or a little bag of buttons, let them eat the amount they are allow all in one go (I dont mean shove a whole bar in their mouth!!! ) some parents think it is best to spilt the bar/bag over a whole day, thats a big NO, let them eat all they want/are allow all at the same time, then either throw the rest away or put away for another day. xx I know I can be a bit or a weirdo when it comes to teeth !!!! Lol

I didnt know that. If i remember right you're a dentist/dental nurse so obviously you know your stuff!
Thanks for that one ;)

I actually never gave my boys "naughty" foods like cookies, cake, anything sugary, until after they were a year old. Hayden's first bite of anything like that at all was his first birthday cake, never had even had juice and didn't until 15mo lol. I now let my older 2 have a small treat most days, but they are 4 and 6, Hayden still rarely gets anything like that

I let holly and robyn eat naughty foods by this i mean 1 pack of crisps a day and one little choc bar x
The only one who doesnt eat naughty food is sam but that is only because he as to have a gluteen free diet x if i do see choc that he can eat i let him av it
And yeah iv given my kids biscuits for brekki x

Alasdair has had a whole minimilk to himself (yesterday - oh the mess!) and always has a little bit of something I'm having. I don't see the point in refusing to let him have it if he sees it's something I'm having. It just makes an issue out of it and I do not want food to be an issue for him. So he's had a pringle (hated it!), lots of cake and a bit of chocolate. The things I draw the line at are fizzy drinks and alcoholic things!

I've started giving Danny little licks of things off my fingers - so not very naughty yet. He's just had a few tastes of fresh strawberry ice cream.

As far as I can remember, we didn't give Bethanie anything naughty until she was over a year. The only chocolate etc that she had would have been the baby biscuits/snacks (Organix ones) suitable for her age. I could be wrong, but I was worried about giving her 'bad' stuff.
It's so much harder now, when shes looking at me with her little cute eyes and saying "please mummy, have some" so I do give in a lot. Her faves are milkybars - her pops (sonnys grandad) brings her one over every Saturday but I spread them out and give them when I think she can have one. She has also had a few Mc Donalds already! naughty me and she does love a good old fry up and will lick the plate clean.

I think that as long as your little one has a healthy balanced diet, theres nothing wrong with the odd treat!

YES! She is so gutsy and will eat anything. I sometimes give her chocolate, ice cream/lolly, chips etc. It won't harm her as long as it is moderation. And I do give her things like pepper and tomato, pasta or what ever I have for dinner. In that respect I'm a great believer in that if they get used to certain foods now they won't be so fussy when they're older. I sometimes give her a baby biscuit or some organix crisps to keep her quiet! But I have to be careful how much sugar she intakes from things like chocolate as my family have a history of diabetes

Im kinda limited on things I can give Noah because he is allergic to eggs, but he has had cake, and he trys to give me kisses if Im eating chocolate lol

absolutely.... he even tried a bit of pasta with pesto on today... he was just screaming for it.....i don't think there's anything wrong with the cheeky things now and again! oh loves giving fin little bits of chocolate and even a bit of doughnut! hey ho!! xxxx

I do give lincoln naughty food,so far he had ice cream (a few licks of course,not the whole cone,lol)
if me and OH have something ,we give him a bit to try,but not a really bad food
he likes it more than having his own food,ha ha ha

I give Olivia naughty foods from time to time. I dont see anything wrong with it in moderation. She eats plenty of veg and fruit and has a very balenced diet.

I mean... We went out for tea last night and Olivia had fish with chips and peas for tea as their childrens menu was aimed at slightly older children but she bloody loved it.

x

i give katie tastes of things, she's had sucks of chocolate fingers, stuck her tongue in cream eggs, licks of icecream, the lot!! MIL told HV today that she'd had icecream! she had a courgette from OH's veggie lasagne earlier, she loved it!! a little of what she fancies!!

Brayden has had a couple of tastes of ice cream, cake, and cheesecake.

He also gets chicken nuggets on a fairly regular basis (he loves them and there arent too many non-milk proteins he'll eat). NOT the McDonald's kind - I get an all natural chicken kind from the store. He's also had about 2 french fries.

zane had milky buttons today and loved everyone of them:)

i think its ok as long as they have a healthy diet. Erin's not really had anything naughty yet (apart from when I found MIL giving her some easter egg the other day!) but I won't mind her having a little treat if she's eaten her dinner or if we are out.

I let Ellie have the odd bit and bob. I dont see the harm she eats really well we all deserve a treat now and again!

whilst in spain courtneys diet was bad :(... its just so hard whilst ure out there... she was having a jar a day though and her cereal breakfast but she was having bits and pieces of all sorts...!

Chips :blush: pizza and icecream :blush:

I think its fine, as long as they dont live of it :)

kaitlyn has also had a bit of chocolate this easter, that she loves, she did get 3 easter eggs, but mummy did help, hehehe...alot

Wow these posts are refreshing!

Hmmmm Daisy has tried ALOT of things, I am scared she will end up with food phobias like her Daddy did (til he met me! I snapped him out of it!)

So trying little things all the time, I think is good for them it gets them used to different textures and tastes....
I'm scared to list what she has had incase I get a mega BnB row!

Oh bugger it....to list a few...........Our Daisy has tried...........

Big peoples Pasta, with a bacon,mushroom & tomato sauce (she has that tonight!)
homemade garlic bread
homemade rice pudding
Tapioca
Chocolate of course!
Vanilla Ice cream
Beef Stew,mash,peas & carrots (think that might be classed as ok though?!)
Wotsits
Quavers
Dairylea
Croissants (she gets one every week when we meet some friends for coffee)
Shortbread
chips (well she has had a couple)
Homemade cheese & tomato pizza

Of course it's not all bad stuff she eats! I just like her to try everything!

I don't believe in giving things like chocolate and tea to a young child. If they are happy to eat there fruit and veg and all the healthy stuff then I'd rather stick to that.

Saying that, I do give my LO flings (chips) which he loves. Its a treat if we are out and he has to sit for a long time while we eat or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->