Nausea and antibiotics

suze12

Reaction score
I'm 10+1 and up until a couple of days ago the nausea wasn't too bad, since Friday I have been taking antibiotics for bronchitis and a chest infection. The nausea has been terrible since, I can't eat a meal because I don't like how food I usually eat tastes. Tonight I made pasta bolognaise and it tasted so vinegary that I couldn't eat it. Is this normal for this kind of thing to start at 10 weeks of is it the antibiotics. I have no appetite at all. Thanks xxx

Ten weeks is normally when your hormones peak before the placenta starts to take over so it's most often when you will feel your worst. That said, antibiotics can make you nauseous too. Two things really help me. I always eat something before taking my meds and I invest in a somewhat pricey probiotics called Bio Gaia (find it in the pharmacy...behind the counter in the fridge) which I take religiously when taking antibiotics. If you purchase it it must stay in the fridge to keep the active colonies alive. It really helps me from getting nausea or intestinal issues and I swear by it!

For now, try to eat small amounts during the day instead of a full meal and this too shall pass.

Aw Suzanne :( I think it's a combo :( antibiotics make me feel vile at the best of times but with being pregnant and poorly you must be feeling dreadful :( massive hugs xxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies, I managed to eat a full meal today woo Hoo! Still feeling pretty rotten. The Dr told me to phone her if I wasn't better by today so I'll phone her tomorrow. Was hoping I'd be better by the end of today :/ we are going to Bulgaria skiing on thurs night ( obs I won't be doing it now) and it's the last place I feel like going 😁 xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->