Nausea and Morning Sickness

Farmgirlalee

Reaction score
I had morning sickness so bad with my DD. I am starting to get there with this one. I did read magnesium is supposed to help so I took some at lunch as I have more all day sickness. My afternoon was much better and I am taking an Epsom salt bath to absorb more. I have some magnesium spray coming as I guess it absorbs through the skin faster. I am really hoping this helps. Anyone else trying magnesium to help fight the dreaded m/s?

I was recommended Maalox (a magnesium based liquid med if you are not familiar) by the ER I went to last week. Sent hubs to get some...he took forever as the name brand version has been recalled.

I'm sure that as with everything else, moderation matters. If we stay within normal ranges of magnesium we will be better off.

I had horrible sickness yesterday (hormone meds, I think). Today I started the day with some crackers while still in bed, made sure I drank coffee so I didn't get a withdrawal headache, and had a great day. I am going to buy a crate of crackers if this keeps working.

I take magnesium to try to prevent migraines and I have definitely had less severe morning sickness this time (so far!), than in my previous two pregnancies. I still have it, and it's pretty nasty at times, but it seems to come in waves rather than being there constantly like before, it only really started this week (7) too, in my previous pregnancies I was feeling pretty icky by week 6.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Sounds like I am on the right track with the magnesium. Last time I was totally incapacitated by it and I can't afford that this time around

Took my magnesium this morning and have felt much better today than I have for a week!

Forgot to eat and drink enough today so I wasn't feeling great. Took my magnesium and my prenatal today in the morning and now that I have eaten and drank water and juice I am feeling much better. I slept most of the day today and yesterday. I am hoping I can kick the first trimester sleepies as I can't keep skipping out of work early!

Today I am doing better- at cereal for breakfast and felt icky, but not enough to send me to the bathroom. Then I realized I hadn't taken my magnesium yet. Took my pills and in about an hour I started feeling a bit better. So far I have been just fighting a headache and the desire to bury myself in pillows and blankets and sleep the day way. I'm at work today and am determined to last the whole day. I took my mint tea to work today, but also got a soda with caffeine in it to help me fight past the sleepies. Anyone else trying the magnesium approach? I get my magnesium spray in the mail today so I am excited to see if that helps more/faster than the pills.

Today I am doing better- at cereal for breakfast and felt icky, but not enough to send me to the bathroom. Then I realized I hadn't taken my magnesium yet. Took my pills and in about an hour I started feeling a bit better. So far I have been just fighting a headache and the desire to bury myself in pillows and blankets and sleep the day way. I'm at work today and am determined to last the whole day. I took my mint tea to work today, but also got a soda with caffeine in it to help me fight past the sleepies. Anyone else trying the magnesium approach? I get my magnesium spray in the mail today so I am excited to see if that helps more/faster than the pills.

I've got some magnesium spray but hadn't thought to try it out. Might do some reading up on it. Thanks! :flower:

Wish I'd known about this - had awful nausea till week 15! Glad it's working for you.

So far so good! Only 50 minutes of work left and I will have lasted the whole day! Pretty sure I am headed right to bed after I get home from work but other than that I think I did pretty good!

I have magnesium spray I keep forgetting to use! I've been told it's great for ms. I spray it on my wrists, rub them together then put the extra on the back of my kneecaps thinking that it's thinner skin? Where do you put your spray?

I just got mine yesterday but same thing- wrists mostly. I am still taking 4 magnesium pills every morning as I like knowing I am taking it internally as well

Felt sick last night. I knew it was because I didn't have any food in my hotel room. Didn't feel great eating the continental breakfast. Took my pills and I'm feeling better about an hour later

Hello, Could someone tell me abit more about this?

I had 9 weeks of terrible morning sickness with my son starting at 10 weeks but this time around it started at 6weeks, i can barely function until i'm able to eat without vomitting. Yesterday I was up 7 hours before i could keep more than a biscuit down :(

Get magnesium pills in the vitamin aisle of your local pharmacy. Keep them with water by your bed and take them first thing in the morning if you can, or as soon as you can. I still have some nausea but so far I haven't thrown up yet and the nausea is manageable.

Get magnesium pills in the vitamin aisle of your local pharmacy. Keep them with water by your bed and take them first thing in the morning if you can, or as soon as you can. I still have some nausea but so far I haven't thrown up yet and the nausea is manageable.

Thank you so much, As soon as Christmas is over I'm going to try this xx

Good luck! It should help! Try to get some b vitamins too. I used to have sub lingual b vitamins that were made with cherry juice so they tasted good. I need to get more of those

I'm still doing the best I can with the magnesium and vitamin b. I am functioning though smells and the thought of food often makes me regret life. I'm doing so much better than my first pregnancy though. My first pregnancy I couldn't hardly eat or get off the couch. I even threw up in a clients bathroom. So far I have only thrown up once when a pill got stuck in the back of my throat. I'm hoping that this phase passes in a few weeks!!

I think the magnesium definitely helps. I also take B2 to help prevent migraines, so I guess that could help too? I've noticed that when I forget to take it first thing, I feel a lot more nauseous. For a while I thought it was a coincidence but now there seems to be a definite link. At this point my nausea has been way better than my previous two pregnancies at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->