Nausea at 12dpo?

tkeith8109

Reaction score
Got my bfp on Wednesday at 10 dpo, my beta came back at 9. My test are getting darker every day and now I have a bad head cold and have been peeing more often. Today I have had a few waves of nausea. I heard nausea can be from hormonal surges so my hcg should be rising, is this true? Could I already be getting nausea this early? At 9dpo I tested bfn but I did have a wave of nausea that morning so I'm wondering if that was when it finally started to rise.

I usually get waves of nausea in the beginning, usually when I don't eat often enough, or when I get a surge of hormones. I can always tell when it is hormones because I'll feel extra sick and sometimes have a headache. Full blown 24/7 nausea for me usually doesn't hit until 5 1/2 to 6 weeks.

Everyone is different, so it is possible. With my daughter and this pregnancy my sickness started almost exactly at 5 weeks (17+ dpo).
Edit: I just counted on my calendar and it looks like nauseum started 22 days dpo for current pregnancy.

Everyone is different but it's totally possible. With DD I was having heartburn and nausea the day before my bfp. With my loss in August I had nausea off and on the week before I tested. With this pregnancy it struck at 5/6 week mark. So it really varies!

I've had my nausea start at different points with all of my pregnancies... When I was pregnant with my first, I thought I was sick, and that's why I was tired and had an upset tummy. Well, I tested on the day my AF was expected to show and got my BFP, after I'd already had nausea for a few days..... This was 12DPO for me, since I ovulated on day 16. With my current pregnancy, I finally got nausea at around 8 weeks along. So, it definitely can vary quite a bit. I think it definitely means there's a surge, in those very early days. It takes a few days for our bodies to adjust, and then the nausea can fade away. That's what happens to me most of the time, anyway.

Yeah other than the head cold I feel ok. Feel a few twinges here and there, but nothing sharp. I am just so nervous and honestly I need to relax. I'm also on baby center and that board gives me some major anxiety lol. I feel like everyone on there is only posting about the problems they are currently having. I need to just let myself enjoy this pregnancy, but it's hard when you are worried about numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->