Nausea is nauseating. I'm nauseous.

themaybaby

Reaction score
Now I remember how much I HATED this part. This was the reason why I said I wouldn't have any more kids. Lol! It's completely miserable. Birth is a freaking cake walk compared to this. But this nausea that I just can't take!! I wish my fiance could just understand how crappy I feel all the time!

Sorry you're feeling sick!

But because I'm an editor, I'm going to be a total dick and say this:

"Nausea is nauseous. I'm nauseated."

Not a lot of people know that 'nauseous' actually means 'causing nausea or sickness'. It's one of the most commonly misused words. :flower:

Now I remember how much I HATED this part. This was the reason why I said I wouldn't have any more kids. Lol! It's completely miserable. Birth is a freaking cake walk compared to this. But this nausea that I just can't take!! I wish my fiance could just understand how crappy I feel all the time!

I'm glad that you say child birth is a cake walk next to nausea because I've been suffering with it for weeks! I can't wait until second trimester when it hopefully subsides! Hope you feel better soon! Lots of ginger and pick any food you can eat and eat that often :) That's my advice.

I'm glad that you say child birth is a cake walk next to nausea because I've been suffering with it for weeks! I can't wait until second trimester when it hopefully subsides! Hope you feel better soon! Lots of ginger and pick any food you can eat and eat that often :) That's my advice.

When I had my daughter I thought that the birth was just going to be horrendous, but it wasn't. It's really not bad.. I hope any first timers see this. Because you worry about it so much, and I mean, obviously I can't speak for everyone but at least it's shorter than this! Lol Thanks for the advice as well... I have been trying to eat. I feel nauseous so I eat, then feel nauseous after I eat!

I feel your pain hon! My OB has me take one Unisom + one B6 vitamin every night and that holds me throughout the day. :)

I know. Hugs. I get it severe. Hang in there. This too shall pass...

When I had my daughter I thought that the birth was just going to be horrendous, but it wasn't. It's really not bad.. I hope any first timers see this. Because you worry about it so much, and I mean, obviously I can't speak for everyone but at least it's shorter than this! Lol Thanks for the advice as well... I have been trying to eat. I feel nauseous so I eat, then feel nauseous after I eat!

Oh that is totally awesome to hear! I am a first timer who is scared out of my wits at the thought of giving birth! I have handled a LOT of pain in my lifetime from a history of periods so severe I sometimes ended up in the hospital to a miscarriage in February. My midwife confirmed that mc contractions ARE as bad as labour contractions, if not worse because you're contracting on a closed uterus. So that gave me some hope, because I made it through that alive, and my step-mom saw what I went through with the periods and said if I could get through that, child birth would be a breeze for me (she is the mother of 6 kids). Don't know why I'm still so worried but seeing your post is really reassuring so thank you!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Also, magnesium helps with nausea :) Try to get a magnesium powder that you make into a drink. I also got these cute little ginger chewy candies that help, and I keep ginger beer on hand at all times. I keep food ALWAYS by my bed for whenever I wake up because if I wake up for long enough during the night and don't immediately eat, or in the morning, I will be very sick. And I always keep something like Sunsweet Ones prunes in my purse for if I get really hungry because they're easy to eat, easy to digest and a quick burst of potassium and sugars that will help you until you can eat something more substantial.

Also one other trick that got food into me at my worst and most nauseas - take the first two bites. Take one bite, then force yourself to take another bite a minute later, and then wait. Take another bite a minute later. What I noticed is that if I sort of "picked" at my food, no matter what it was, by the third or fourth bite, my stomach would suddenly accept the food and I could eat the whole thing whereas if I stopped at the first queasy bites, I would have thought I couldn't eat. I think sometimes if your stomach gets too empty and then you try to eat, it first rejects the food because it's so nauseas, but if you take a few bites and wait, it has enough food to realize it is hungry. That helped A LOT.

Also! Lol sorry, but I learned a lot going through this... if you can't drink water because it now makes you gag, like it did me, get a biiiig ol' bottle of juice, like apple juice or grape juice, and drink that throughout the day. If you want to cut down on sugar, dilute it with water, but I didn't do that since anything diluted with water makes me gag anyway LOL. That will keep you hydrated and it's much easier to drink when you're nauseas if it is ICE COLD, and also since it's not tasteless like water. I swear it helps. You have to make sure you stay properly hydrated.

Okay if I think of any other tips, I will let you know! Also though it doesn't feel like it try to remember that it WILL alleviate sooner or later, even if it's only for a day or two lol, but eventually I am told it should alleviate almost completely until the end of pregnancy. :hugs: <3 Though you probably already knew most of the above as you've gone through this before, yourself!

I agree lol
This is the worst out of my pregnancies it's ridiculous.
Hoping it goes at 12 weeks!

Having given birth naturally - no epidural or drugs of any kind - I would rather be doing that now than riding these waves of nausea. I didn't have this my last pregnancy, and I'm hoping this is a short thing. :sick:

I had read that taking prenatals for a month or so before conception does help with m/s. It does work. I had no m/s for my last pregnancy nor for this one either. I still get a bit of nausea but nothing upchuck worthy

I took prenatals for two months prior and I have had nausea non stop, as well as constant indigestion and constipation. Lol

I agree with everything up there. The morning sickness for me was much worse and drawn out than labor.

@petite pink - it may have worked for you, but that doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. I've take. Vitamins every day for months, and I still feel terrible.

Oh that is totally awesome to hear! I am a first timer who is scared out of my wits at the thought of giving birth! I have handled a LOT of pain in my lifetime from a history of periods so severe I sometimes ended up in the hospital to a miscarriage in February. My midwife confirmed that mc contractions ARE as bad as labour contractions, if not worse because you're contracting on a closed uterus. So that gave me some hope, because I made it through that alive, and my step-mom saw what I went through with the periods and said if I could get through that, child birth would be a breeze for me (she is the mother of 6 kids). Don't know why I'm still so worried but seeing your post is really reassuring so thank you!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Also, magnesium helps with nausea :) Try to get a magnesium powder that you make into a drink. I also got these cute little ginger chewy candies that help, and I keep ginger beer on hand at all times. I keep food ALWAYS by my bed for whenever I wake up because if I wake up for long enough during the night and don't immediately eat, or in the morning, I will be very sick. And I always keep something like Sunsweet Ones prunes in my purse for if I get really hungry because they're easy to eat, easy to digest and a quick burst of potassium and sugars that will help you until you can eat something more substantial.

Also one other trick that got food into me at my worst and most nauseas - take the first two bites. Take one bite, then force yourself to take another bite a minute later, and then wait. Take another bite a minute later. What I noticed is that if I sort of "picked" at my food, no matter what it was, by the third or fourth bite, my stomach would suddenly accept the food and I could eat the whole thing whereas if I stopped at the first queasy bites, I would have thought I couldn't eat. I think sometimes if your stomach gets too empty and then you try to eat, it first rejects the food because it's so nauseas, but if you take a few bites and wait, it has enough food to realize it is hungry. That helped A LOT.

Also! Lol sorry, but I learned a lot going through this... if you can't drink water because it now makes you gag, like it did me, get a biiiig ol' bottle of juice, like apple juice or grape juice, and drink that throughout the day. If you want to cut down on sugar, dilute it with water, but I didn't do that since anything diluted with water makes me gag anyway LOL. That will keep you hydrated and it's much easier to drink when you're nauseas if it is ICE COLD, and also since it's not tasteless like water. I swear it helps. You have to make sure you stay properly hydrated.

Okay if I think of any other tips, I will let you know! Also though it doesn't feel like it try to remember that it WILL alleviate sooner or later, even if it's only for a day or two lol, but eventually I am told it should alleviate almost completely until the end of pregnancy. :hugs: <3 Though you probably already knew most of the above as you've gone through this before, yourself!

Thanks so much for your tips. They are definitely helpful! I will try to take my food as slow bites. Hopefully that helps me. Yes, if there is anything I can do to help alleviate the worry of the birth let me know! I am an open book... I'll answer ANYTHING :)

Having given birth naturally - no epidural or drugs of any kind - I would rather be doing that now than riding these waves of nausea. I didn't have this my last pregnancy, and I'm hoping this is a short thing. :sick:

I am really hoping and praying I can have the strength to finish naturally. I got an epi at the very end... It didn't even numb me, I felt most of everything. Took my labor pains down to about a 6, so that was good. Do you have any tips to help me through a natural labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->