• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nausea... uh!

hopeful_ttc

Reaction score
Ladies, can you give me some tips of how you are helping ease nausea. Today at work I dry heaved over the trash can for a good 15 minutes. Luckily, not actually throwing up, but almost constant nausea. I know I'm hungry, but even the thought of food sometimes makes me dry heave. :cry:

I can't wait to feel normal again... Hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I just want to be able to enjoy being pregnant. I know some people have it so much worse, and I hate to be a complainer, but it is pretty miserable.

I totally feel for you.. I was sick from about week 5 to just this past week. I actually ended up getting a prescription for Diclectin as I wasn't able to hold anything down and was getting motion sickness laying still when trying to sleep! It was redic!!. Some things I was told to try: celery, ginger tea, peppermint tea, mints, popsicles, sea band wristbands, eat small meals(I couldn't even eat....lol), preggo pops(or any sour candy), crackers,ginger chews, gum, gingerale,...What I found worked: DICLECTIN (lol), sea band wristbands, sour popsicles. Goodluck and hang in there....hopefully it will pass soon :)

Yes! Thank you! I heard somewhere between the 12-14 week mark it SHOULD ease up! I'm hoping that's the case. And yes, mine started at 5.5 weeks. Was bearable then ...with each day it feels it's getting worse!

My nausea started at week 7 and became gradually worse. Week 9-10 were the worst. I never threw up but just a constant feeling of nausea. I'm in week 12 right now and it's eased. Some of my nausea was also due to blood sugar drops, so i've been eating 1-1.5hrs, a small meal, biscuits, fruits and it has helped tons. Drinking water to just fill me up, well the water made me nauseous too after a while. I gravitate to raisens now, a small handful helps. Now i have slight nausea but mostly just certain food aversions.

I'll second the suggestion for SeaBands. They help a bit for me, not totally, but enough to make things easier.

Sour candies and lots of them! I suck on jolly ranchers all day. Mints helped with my previous pregnancy; I had terrible morning sickness that lasted to 14 weeks with dd and going through the same thing this time around. Just don't get dehydrated bc I did and was in the ER this past weekend for severe dehydration which caused severe constipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"