Nausea - what's yours like?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by PetiteMoi, Dec 9, 2009.

1. PetiteMoi

PetiteMoi Mum of two beauties

Hi everyone! :hi:

I'm in week 7 and started feeling nauseous about 3 days ago. I feel okay when I wake up in the morning, which is weird, and can normally eat my breakfast ok (Fruit n' Fibre cereal with milk) - but about half hour or so later I start feeling sick. Then it comes and goes throughout the day - mostly when I think about hot food, yuk. I can no longer spend lunch in the job canteen.

How common is it to feel sick during the day but not in the mornings?? Is anyone else feeling like this?

Congrats to everyone on your :bfp: :)

2. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

I felt nauseaus most of the day starting about the same time as you (of the day). My MS started around 5wks 3dys. Some mornings I will get it in the shower (the heat brings it on for me) and or brushing my teeth or smelling my multivitamins. During the day, it is just a YUK feeling all day and is worse if I don't eat. It is starting to fade now which is very helpful.

3. PetiteMoi

PetiteMoi Mum of two beauties

Thanks ladypotter - sounds a bit like my nausea apart from the fact I don't get it more in the morning. Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!

4. bky

bky :(

My eating habits have totally changed. I used to be happy to eat wholegrains and veggies and lean meats. Since week 6 (just about week 12 now) I've been living on simple carbs, next to no meat (there was a week or two where fish was ok, oh and bacon week), and no veggies (though lately, peas, tomatoes and pickles are ok). At least fruit is ok. I can't even think about the things I don't want to eat.
    Generally with my nausea it's strong until I eat, then gone while I'm eating and comes back worse about half hour later. My nausea is all day but worst in the evenings. After I try to go to bed is usually when I have to get up to toss cookies. I have that mucusy thing in the back of my throat all day on bad days.
    When I wake up I have about 5-15 minutes of feeling totally normal until the nausea comes on. Weeks 9-10 were the worst for me (so far).
    I try to pack crackers and fruit and such around as if I have a little to eat it helps with the really bad nausea during the day.

5. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

I feel nausea from the moment I open my eyes till the moment I go to bed. It is draining, I have that ' I want to throw up feeling' all day long.
    I force a cup of tea and peice of toast down every morning and I just nibble on crackers or nuts through out the day. I can't sit and eat and enjoy a meal. I never got this with my 3 boys, but found out yesterday I am having twins so that probably explains it.

Hope it all passes for everyone really soon.:hugs:

6. vac_uk

vac_uk Well-Known Member

my nausea lingers throughout the day, I generally cant think about food, and cant really go into hot food or takeaway places. Ive went off a lot off foods i normally love and just can eat really basic things.l also can only drink water, but am loving Ice Poles or Ice lollies. I have been physically sick too often which is good as with my daughter I was being sick often, so im not complaining as its not as bad as i had it then. hopefully it all calms down soon thought as we all head into 2nd tri. xx

7. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Mummy

Started for me around week 7 too. I never throw up just feel like I have to!, especially when thinking about food. Always seems to be after I eat to.

Mmm but now I have to get me an Icepole!

8. majm1241

majm1241 DS, DD & DD#2 on the way

I am only 4 weeks today and the thought of food makes me nauseous. I force myself to get but gag. I am nauseated all day long off and on. The bloating is worse. No relief!

9. PrayinForBaby

PrayinForBaby Haley's Mommy =)

My nausea last pretty much all day, it comes and goes in waves...just always feels like its right at the back of my throat waiting to come out!! I've thrown up only twice so far, but have felt like it a million times already! And it is waaaaay worse if I don't eat, right after I eat, and in the car! :sick:

10. Starbucket

Starbucket Well-Known Member

My nausea always comes just as I lay down to sleep. Dont ask. Its the worse then. I have to get out of bed and sit on the sofa for an hour or so in the bedroom before I can even consider sleeping again...

I have it on and off throughout the day as well.

11. Poshie

Poshie Mummy to Boy & Girl

Hello. My nausea started this week (about 6 weeks). Like you, I generally feel ok first thing when I get up, but I start feeling shite as the day goes on. I've not actually been sick, it's just an underlying nauseous feeling. Up until this week I have been starving hungry all the time, but this week the thought of food makes me feel ill! Oh the joys :D

12. beachlover1

beachlover1 Pregnant and mummy of one

Pretty much as above really, but I am heaving as soon as I get in the shower!!! I am sometimes sick after breakfast but then after that its just a sicky feeling all day! By night time im ok and can fancy food again! Only really started this week...week 6. x

13. WishUponAStar

WishUponAStar Mummy to two cutie-pies x

I'm 12 weeks 1 day (I need to change my ticker...) and my nausea has kind of settled down now (hope it does soon for you ladies too!).

I felt reeeeally sick at night from around 6 weeks, like I had too much wine and when I went to bed I had the worst "room spin"! I wasn't too bad in the morning, just took me a while to get over the "hungover" feeling.

I was reeeeeeally tired from around 3pm (still am!!) like "way past bedtime tired" and then felt sicky from around 7pm....

14. Torz

Torz Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant

when i first found out i did have feelings of nausea & couldnt eat, anything i tried to eat its like my mouth welded shut when i tried to put anything past it. it was just feelings of nausea tho, i never felt like i was actually gona throw up, just waves that lasted all day.

then on sunday i strted to feel extreamly drained & hungry. i've felt shockingly bad, could hardly move off the sofa at all & i got my apitite back but no nausea. I have to eat all the time now, i think i feel bad because my body is using so much energy to make baby so i have to eat all the time. This morning tho, i've got to work & made my porridge as usual (still cant eat my fav cerial fruit & fiber, its the nuts & coconut) & i feel seriously sick.

15. Shell'sAngels

Shell'sAngels Well-Known Member

i seem to have passed the morning nausea, and it hits me like clockwork from 4pm and all night i feel sick :-( only actually been sick once but im forever gagging and feel the urge. Constantly got the horrible taste in my mouth from the minute i wake up though x

16. britgirl82

britgirl82 Well-Known Member

Mine's bad. I have yet to be sick (was almost sick last night but not quite!) but I feel it constantly. I have about 5 mins rest when I get up in the morning but then it hits and it's with me the entire day. It sometimes stops when I lie down but generally not. I can't go near places where food is being cooked and have worked out it's easier to eat if I don't have to prepare anything - chopping and stir frying for example are out and just sticking something in the oven is definitely in! It sometimes gets better when I eat but only for about 5mins and then it's back with a vengeance. I'm currently living off crisps and pizza which are about the only things my body wants (which makes sense since I never let myself have them normally!) and just hoping that my multivit will give the baby all the good stuff it needs. I normally live off fruit, veg and fish so this is really weird for me!! Am totally fed up of it though - this has been going on since about 4 days after conception and I'm now only 6w 3d so I've got a while to go yet :( xx

17. maratobe

maratobe Well-Known Member

mine hasnt been too bad except when i am around food and the smell is making me feel like gagging! im hoping i dont get worse cause i am a shift worker...

18. Poshie

Poshie Mummy to Boy & Girl

All this talk about food is making me feel ill! :sick: :rofl:

19. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

I feel really sick most of the time. If I think about food, smell it or eat it, it gets worse! Cannot stomach coffee anymore, smell of it makes me gag. MY MS is worse in the morning, dies off about half 1 then starts aagins about 5pm. I'm usually up a lot of the night either trying to be sick or feeling sick. I really hope it passes soon x

20. tiggerlix

tiggerlix proud single mummy

Mine started about 6 weeks about 4 days -7 days ago.Its a horrible kinda sickness,makes you feel sluggish and unenthuastic to do a sodding thing.Worse first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
    xx