NCT membership is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by 3011busyyear, Jan 24, 2011.

1. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

So I thought about joining and going to some classes to meet other mums and I had heard the nct groups were really good and worth going to, but there doesn't seem to be that much going on in my area and most of the classes are based up to 20 miles away which is fine driving wise but not much help in meeting local mums.
    There are a few more local groups and places like the library have baby yoga groups and thinks as well as the local sure start centre groups so I wonder if I should just go to those instead.
    Anyone have any experience of this?

2. wiiwidow

wiiwidow 1st timer!

Hmm, I don't know really - I did the NCT course to meet some people, and although the ones I've met are lovely, I still feel like I need to go to some other groups after bubs is born too, especially as my NCT group is not the nearest town to me either.

I'd say you're probably just as well off going to some of these other groups to be honest. BUT the bonus of NCT is that everyone is there to meet people as well as learn so you're kind of in it for the same reasons, which is nice. :shrug: Sorry probably not much help there hun am I? xx