Nearly 8 weeks pp and still no period

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies when did you get your first period after birth? I'm 8 weeks pp this Tuesday and still no signs of AF. My lochia lasted about 5 weeks and I had what I thought might have been fertile cm after this but AF hasn't arrived :/

I think it can take some time even if you're formula feeding. With BFing it can take a lot longer, more than a year! I got mine at 5.5 months pp, which I think is quite early considering I was still exclusively BFing my LO

still no AF here!! :) although i get cramps sometimes and i think its coming but it doesn't :shrug: i feel just as PMS-y tho hahah

ETA I bled for a good 5-6 weeks as well, and sometimes I notice what one wud normally assume to be fertile EWCM :shrug: i'd test the notion but we want to wait a little longer :haha:

If you're breastfeeding, that's normal and you've probably got many months before you'll get it. If you're formula feeding, you'll probably get it in the next few weeks.

I bled for 6 weeks after both my boys. My period returned after 9 months with DS1 and is still to return after DS2 (8 months old today). My cm has come and gone and more recently I've had some cramping but no AF. She can happily stay away a little longer!

i bled for 6 weeks & bf'd for 12 weeks. period arrived about 6months pp x

mine came back at 6 months but I'm bf'ing. The pp bleeding only lasted 12 days for me.

Also BFing...I have had 2 periods now. LO is 5 1/2 months old. It returned around 3 months, but then nothing for 2, and I just had a light one with horrid pms for 3 weeks before. It feels like hormonal warfare inside me. BF hormones vs Period. My body cannot decide.

I combo feed both my babies. I bled for 5 weeks after the birth of my first and got my first period at 7 months. Bled for 6 weeks after the birth of my second who will be 5 months this week, no period yet and hope it stays away for a while yet.

Also BFing...I have had 2 periods now. LO is 5 1/2 months old. It returned around 3 months, but then nothing for 2, and I just had a light one with horrid pms for 3 weeks before. It feels like hormonal warfare inside me. BF hormones vs Period. My body cannot decide.

i didn't know BF caused extra hormones.. thank you for bringing my awareness to this!! :haha: i've been looking for a new excuse for bitchiness to DF since i am now on hormone free BC and no AF to blame :rofl:

Im breastfeeding and haven't had a period AT ALL. My DD is 15 months and I'm 8 weeks pregnant! ;)

I bled for 5 weeks pp, Bf'd (still going) and AF returned at 18 months. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->