Nearly in tears :(

P

PixieKitty

I'm doing my damned best to quit smoking, it's been so hard but I'm doing it cold turkey. My mums been great and has quit smoking too, and my OH doesn't smoke anyway and has been really supportive. I thought I was going crazy cause I swear I could smell smoke... but it wasn't my brain playing tricks on me, mums boyfriend had lit a cigarette in the same room!
I'm trying so bloody hard, and it seems pointless when other people are smoking around me and I'm still breathing it in! GRRRRRRR!
Now I REALLY want a cigarette :(

Get him told, stand outside!!!

Blokes just dont get it, u wud think he wud be more sensitive, cant ur Ma say summat.

You be strong, ur doing brilliant and its 4 a good cause.

Well done for gettin this far.

I did it cold turkey took me 3 wks, i bought a Nintendo DS and Yoshis Island and it kept my hand busy when i needed a ciggy.

Good luck :hug::hug:

V x x x

I know how you feel, its soo hard isnt it? every monday i quit smoking n last a few days n i end up back on them. It doesnt help with these stupid hormones playin haveck either!
I feel soo evil for smoking and get soo paranoid thats somethings gonna be wrong with LO,
Im seriousley gonna try again tomo, iv got midwife tomo too so ill see if she can give me some advice!
But well done for quitting so far!!! It takes ALOT of will power!! WELL DONE!! And keep it up!!! x x x

He should really go outside AWAY from you and do that, Maybe ask your mom if she can let him no it bothers you and that he could possibly not do it around you, it doesnt help him doing it any were near you. I tell my sister not to smoke around me and she goes outside, I dont smoke and I dont like the way it smells.

Haha don't think I'd have any luck mentioning it to Mum, as awesome as she is she tends not to worry about my feelings over things like this. For example: I've asked her on numerous occasions to keep it down in the bedroom, but still she screams like a banshee *sighs* very disturbing to hear believe me.

Need to get my own place, can't have my baby hearing all that.

I know how it feels. It is VERY hard. I hate how people dont think though and not smoke around people who just quit. I wouldn't even think about smoking around a pregnant woman when I smoked.

Haha don't think I'd have any luck mentioning it to Mum, as awesome as she is she tends not to worry about my feelings over things like this. For example: I've asked her on numerous occasions to keep it down in the bedroom, but still she screams like a banshee *sighs* very disturbing to hear believe me.

Need to get my own place, can't have my baby hearing all that.

At the end of the day its not about your feelings though, its about your babies health & second hand smoke is just as damaging to your unborn baby!

Well done to you for sticking to it so far,:hugs: I used to smoke,but I was never addicted? I just smoked cause I could,and I enjoyed it. So it wasn't hard for me to quit when I did.

Just don't think about it, try and amuse yourself or have a chewing gum instead of a cig. You're doing so well.x

Well done - sounds like you're doing really well. If you're getting cravings, see your GP - nicotine patches are far less harmful than nicotine plus all the other chemicals found in cigarettes. Most doctors will prescribe a nicotine patch/other forms of nicotine replacement in preference to cigarettes :hug:

If you are having a hard time...try the patch honestly it works. Plus its far less harmful. And if you find one is too much, like you feel "off" cut it in half. Or as you find you need it less, cut it half too...and then again.

That's how I did it and it took me a week to get over smoking. I have noticed lately I want to smoke again..which sucks! But I just put on a patch again..and it's gone.

Good luck. Try to stick with it, I know how freaking tough it is. But its better for you..and the baby. And maybe if you can stick with it for now, you will quit for good.

If you cannot "cold turkey" it, then really please talk to your doctor about the patch or other methods. The worst thing you can do is try and then fail and not try another method to quit. That's how most people stay smokers. Because they just give up on quiting because they have no success.

Well done to you for sticking to it so far,:hugs: I used to smoke,but I was never addicted? I just smoked cause I could,and I enjoyed it. So it wasn't hard for me to quit when I did.

Just don't think about it, try and amuse yourself or have a chewing gum instead of a cig. You're doing so well.x

lol donna my daughters loveeeeeee youre avatar. My 4yo loves baby cheese.

You can do it! It's hard as hell but just don't pick one up- no matter what!!!!!!!
Soon you'll be thinking to yourself.. "wow- I havent craved one in forever." Be strong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->