Nearly passed out yesterday...

nikki_j

Mummy to my baby Aiden :)
Reaction score
Hellloooo,

Okay, yesterday I was doing a home visit, and was stood up for nearly and hour as there was literally nowhere to sit (long story). I had just had lunch before I went out on the visit, and felt perfectly fine, but we was stood in the garden, and I suddenly felt quite sick and a bit thirsty. I had a bottle of water in my bag, so had some, then I felt reeeeeally sick, felt reeeally dizzy and felt like I needed to sit down. Anyway, I leaned against the wall, but it didn't help, I felt really weak and like I was going to pass out at any moment,managed to make it to my car and sit down - then it passed and I was okay. I have felt pretty sick and queasy since then....any suggestions what this was?!? If it happens again, I will see the doctor, but it's never happened before...I wonder if it was where I was stood up as my job is office based....?? But I used to do 8 hour shifts without sitting down!!!!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this or any suggestions what it was about?! Thanks girls. xx

I had exactly the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Was stood chatting to a friend at work and suddenly felt really hot and the edges of my vision started to grey and close in - it's happened before (not in pregnancy) and is a sign I may pass out. I'd felt fine before it, and like you once I'd sat down and drank some water it passed, although I still felt really odd and very dizzy. Ended up having to have a lie down at work which actually did me the world of good. Apparently it can happen if you're stood still for a while, even for a few minutes, so it's good to walk on the spot or shift yourself a bit to keep the blood flowing in your body if you need to stand. I also think if I'd just gone and laid down straight away to still the dizziness, instead of going back and sitting at my desk trying to work, the dizziness would have faded a lot more quickly. It hasn't happened since. I doubt it's anything to worry about hun, and probably very common in pregnancy, especially if you're used to sitting all day (like me!), then try standing for a lil bit, but do make sure you get your blood pressure checked at your next mw appointment (she should do it anyway) just to ensure it's not high or low blood pressure causing it.

Thank you - OH had a go at me yesterday saying I needed to go docs lol, but it hasn't happened before and I said if it was anything to be overly concerned about it wouldn't have passed over. I will go if it does it agan (hate going to the docs) but will definately mention it to my midwife when I see her next. I suppose theres lots going on down there so something has to give now and again!!!

I've fainted three times now during this pregnancy. After one of the times someone called a paramedic (highly embarrassing) who explained that it was most likely to below blood pressure and the only thing to do is eat regularly and don't stand for too long. Nothing to worry about though if it isn't a common thing - the baby still gets everything it needs.

I had a few dizzy spells (weirdly when I was sitting down) at around 14-18 weeks; at the time my blood pressure was on the low end of normal. I told my midwife and she said to make sure I carry little snacks with me and not leave it too long between eating.

In first tri, I remember at 8 weeks, 9 weeks and 12 weeks I had some almost fainting attacks while standing in supermarket queues. Embarrassing (but good as well) because in all instances someone saw me looking ill and made me go and sit down and brought me water, and the last time the lady on the till put my stuff through for me and bagged it and I only had to get up to pay, by which time I felt a bit better.

it happens to me every now and again, im putting it down to the anaemia ive just been diagnosed with.
its very embarrasing though and worrying, esp as the first time id never experienced it before.
but i googled, and overheating, low blood sugar, and anaemia can all cause fainting spells in pregnant women.

x

I'm getting this just after travelling whether it's car or train or planes :( horrible horrible feeling :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->