Neck pain and lump in armpit

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by _Vicky_, Sep 1, 2009.

1. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

........ hmmmmm why is it that every little thing is worrying when you are pregnant.

I have had an intermittant neck ache for about a week (assumed it was sleeping funny due to sleeping on my back not being comfortable) but last night I found a lump in my armpit - its tender to the touch which I understand is good news as far as cancerous tumours are concerned. I also had some swollen glands in my next last week and am feeling a bit like I have a cold coming. What does this sound like to you?

I am going to go to the GP and step away from google lol but am thinking swollen glands, lymph nodes, changes in breast tissue etc etc etc. Also its very confusing whether you go to the GP or your Midwife isnt it argghhhhhhh!!!

Pointless post really lol but has anyone had any strnge lumps appear and it turn out ok?

2. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

I would go to my doc. Sounds like you're under the weather with a cold/flu-y thing. Defiantly step away from google and nhs direct.com! lol
    Good luck, hopefully its just a wee cold! xx

3. belladonna

belladonna Well-Known Member

I had a lump in my armpit a couple of years ago, it was so painful! Luckily it turned out to be a blocked sweat gland and went down in a couple of weeks. I felt like I had the starting of it again recently, so I stopped wearing deodorant for a few days and it went away.

I would go to the doctors if I were you, the other symptoms you had sounds like a viral infection or something, a bit annoying and uncomfortable but not too much to worry about x

4. Mommy2Kian

Mommy2Kian Kaden and Sian :)

Lumps need to be checked hun, ive had hodgkins lymphoma twice (cancer of the lymph glands) thankfully ive been in remission for 6 years now "touches wood" it started with a aching neck when i woke in the morning, and my lumps in my neck turned into clusters, dr's treated me for swollen glands for 6 months arseholes, by this time it had spread to my chest!

I was one of the unlucky ones hun, it doesnt mean u have this, but i would go to the ears nose and throat department at the hospital if u are concerned.

i havnt wrote this to try and scare u, its not my intention, an im sorry if i have :( but if u are worried hun, go get it checked. :hugs:

5. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

Aww dont worry about scaring me I know lumps can be serious - thanks for the info my lovely - will get a GP appointment asap. I feel worse as the morning goes on so think its virally but as you say better safe than sorry. xxxxxx

6. Mommy2Kian

Mommy2Kian Kaden and Sian :)

You most likely have a sore throat hun, it's just me, im sure i was cursed by a gypsy because i wouldnt buy some heather from her :lol:

7. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

go to your GP, midwife will say it is because you are pg if your arm fell right off at the moment the midwife would telly you it is because you are pg :hugs:

8. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

yay - achy eyes, sore throat, sniffles and generally feeling c*ap now but yay at least I know its viral now (or I think) I am going to see how it goes in a few days and stop fiddling with it lol. I had the same thing exactly a few years ago while full of cold and working a stressful job and it was all immune system related and we all know we have less immunity now dont we. I dont think a few days will make any difference xxxxxxxx

9. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

OMG just read my post and jeez why am I not getting it checked out - am gonna be a mumma so my health is VERY important now lol - just booked GP appointment for tomorrow.

10. lilyd

lilyd Well-Known Member

I have got a lump in my armpit which is tender to the touch. Saw the doctor who has said it is a cyst and will go away of it's own accord and unless it gets infected then it is best left alone. Am sure yours is also nothing to worry about but it's always best to get these things checked out.

11. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Just Me, DS and DD!

I dont know what it is youve got obviously if it is anything.. but iv had an on and off cold for a while now soar throat,aching neck,headaches,sneezing alot all that stuff but i think iv just got a cold and i told my midwife when i last saw her but she said i will be fine but if i have anything really bad then come back again but im better then i was before bad thing is i never know now if its just being pregnant thats causing me to feel different or i need to see the doctor :S lol
    Hope your okay x

12. clarkie_TTC

clarkie_TTC expecting our 1st!!!!

hey vicky - are you ok hun???

13. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

awww yes am good just having a touch of 'man flu' I think lol. hehehehe Lump has more or less gone now lol but still going to docs anyway - am carrying precious cargo afterall xxxxxxxxxxxx

14. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Well that's good hon (not that you're feeling crap but that you now know its because your body is doing its bit and fighting off infection).

xxx

15. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I gets lumps under my armpits all the time. Swollen lymph nodes, they always go away in 2-3 days, so nothing to worry about. The month I got pregnant and for about a month afterward I'd get a lump under one armpit and 2 days later just as it was going away, I'd get a new lump under the other armpit. Back and forth like that for about 2 months. I'm guessing a minor infection that just took a lot longer to clear my system due to the pregnancy.

16. It's actually quite common in pregnancy (armpit lumps). Don't worry. Still go to your GP, it could be an ingrown hair and if it's infected it needs treatment. I had this once in my early teens, ignored it and it was agony!

17. _Vicky_

_Vicky_ Mum to twins

Well I went to the gp and its swollen glands - I have swollen glands in my neck too a temperature and all sorts lol basically falling apart at the seams. I have antibiotics and have to go back in two weeks for a check up and breast check - I am very impressed with my gp he was asking me if I was happy with the antenatal care I have been receiving and if there is anything else they can do for me. Yay

18. clarkie_TTC

clarkie_TTC expecting our 1st!!!!

so pleased you got sorted and your doctor sounds lovely xx