NEED a doctor in Toronto/Mississauga!!

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
A doctor today told me she believes I have PCOS. :cry: I am in desperate need of a good family physician in either Toronto or Mississauga, Ontario. My own family doctor told me I have a higher chance of getting pregnant than most women after telling her I barely get periods. WTF?! I'm never going back to her again. I currently see another doctor near my school now which is the one who believes I have PCOS. It's a little out of the way, and she doesn't seem to care about me as a patient... or at lease she showed no emotion.

Any suggestions for a good physician accepting new patients?

Thanks in advance!

I go to a doctor on King Street (King Street Medical)...she seems pretty good but I've only had to go once or twice. Not sure how it works here (originally from the States) but shouldn't you be referred to a gyno for PCOS?

She didn't mention referring me to a gyno. She wants to wait to see if I get my period in 2-3 weeks, and if it doesn't come on it's own, she wants me to take some meds to bring it back. Personally I don't want to wait that long.

There's another doctor in Mississauga who once offered to refer me to a gyno late last year, but I declined thinking I didn't need it. I think I'll visit him tomorrow and ask for a referral.

I'd go back to the other doctor and insist on the referral!

I'd get a referral as well!
It's really hard to get into doctors, so you may wait months and months to get yourself another family doctor...
You'd get into a gyno MUCH faster hun!

Thanks ladies :D I got a referral to an endocrinologist instead as my hormones are messed up at the moment.

I had to see an Endocrinologist at the last part of my pregnancy. They definitely have a fascinating job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->