• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need a July /August baby

robinbatman

Reaction score
im a teacher and I'm desperate for a beautiful baby however I've just started in a new school and my boss wouldn't be happy if i got pregnant and he's due to look at my contract in june so I'm aiming for the summer hols so he's not too annoyed, if we don't manage it then i think I'm going to have to wait another year. :cry:

He cannot discriminate against pregnancy and if it were to happen you could contact a lawyer. I understand wanting to try to conceive so you could deliver in the summer but things happen in their own time and it might not work that way.

I agree with Weebles. Unfortunately babies tend to come on their own schedule. But I'll keep my Fx and send you lots of baby dust!:dust::dust::dust:

i know but i feel he will try his best to find another reason to not renew my contract.

Potentially he could but that's where a lawyer would come in. He would have to prove that it wasn't discrimination and if he couldn't it's against the law, you could sue. If it were to come to that (and hopefully it wouldn't) there would be a meeting about your contract and it might be enough just to say you feel discriminated against and you'll be contacting a lawyer. But I know my son has had a teacher out on maternity leave and one of my own professors as well when I was in college... That's what substitutes are for.

I work in a school district and we've never let a teacher go because she was pregnant. Even just last year we hired a teacher that had twins in April and offered her a contract this year.

If you really want a baby I wouldn't stop just because the due date fell outside of the summer.

Plus talking from experience I had a baby in July and went back mid August because I started in a new district. It was incredibly difficult and impossible to find childcare before 6 weeks old. My next one I plan to take my allowed fmla.

well i suppose its fingers crossed that my boss is as understanding.
with him having had his own children he would be more understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"