Need a little pick me up!

MummyKP

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I'm having a major down day today! I'm so happy with life ATM - job is great, newly married and loving it, but life is missing one thing for me.

We've had a weekend away and whilst there I kept mentioning a baby to DH and he didn't roll his eyes and he happily discussed our chosen baby names with friends like he was keen for it. When there I just kept noticing couples with their babies and wishing it was me. I swear this isn't normal, to be craving it this much?! I feel like some crazy lady!!

I don't really know what I'm looking for on this thread....I guess just a little reassurance that I'm not the only one that feels like this and knowing we can't have the babies that we so dearly want.

Don't worry it is normal, I think we are all like that on here!

What is it you are waiting for?

You're definitely not the only one. :hugs:

I'm feeling baby crazy too. I swear, I bring up babies to my OH at least once a day...poor guy. :haha: I have been waiting two years and there have been a lot of times where I see pregnant friends or family members and wish it were me. And it's definitely hard when you want to so bad but have to wait. I'm waiting on my OH and finances, which just sucks. I want it to be my turn now. But there's nothing I can do about it. :(

It's completely normal!

I recently got married and couldn't be happier with life - well I'd like a little more money! However recently I've been having a huge case of baby fever and poor DH hasn't heard the end of it! Somedays he seems up for starting to try soon; talking baby names, imagining what it would be like us, the dog and a baby. Other times he rolls his eyes and brushes it off.

I feel like a mad woman. It's all I can do to stop myself jumping up and down, yelling about wanting kids :haha: I did speak to him recently and he told me he still feels like a kid himself (he'll be 25 this month) and that he's worried about finances but he's going to ask for a pay rise in the NY.

I'd suggest making sure your DH knows how you feel on the baby front as communication is key. That and just remember you're not alone. Lots of us feel like this!

You are not alone! Honestly before I had my 1st babies consumed my thoughts, I swear I spent half my day thinking about babies/pregnancy/our future family life, no exageration. I'm so broody now, even though I have 2 LO's :dohh:.
How long do you have until you can ttc?

You're definitely not alone! Once I decided I wanted a baby, I wanted one BAD. It's obsessive. You think about all things baby, all things TTC, all things mommyhood. It's an all-consuming thing.

Not surprising since we're hard-wired to you know...repopulate and all that. ^.^

Thank you ladies you've all made e feel much better!

Well I'm hoping Christmas/January time, but hubby & i will discuss it again in 6 weeks (he's agreed he'll think about it til then) so I am hoping he'll feel 'ready' then! I know it's not long, but when you want something more than ever it's so hard to wait, as I'm sure you're all aware!!

I hope you ladies haven't got to wait too long?

Don't worry you're not crazy :)
I've been soo broody and can't wait for august when we will finally start trying. And it's so weird because just last night i was talking to OH that as much as i'd love to have a baby sooner rather than later, i'm so happy how our life is right now and content with our plans.
And just that night i had a dream that OH said he wanted to start trying right now and i woke up and felt like i couldn't wait a day longer!

I think every woman sometimes feels like she's crazy but we're not :)

I'm glad I'm not alone in this lol I have days where I think about it all day long and really pine for it, others where I'm ok and tell myself it's not long to wait. But I am so impatient and I'm a nightmare for having things my way, so I hope he agrees and he's ready for TTC in 5-6 weeks!! I am due on at the start of December so once that's out the way I am hoping we'll just go for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->