Need A Little Support - Breech/Hospital Transfer

Anjali

Reaction score
Hi ladies! :flower:

I've had a wonderful pregnancy so far. I haven't thrown up once or felt anything too bothersome. The baby and I are super healthy and wonderful. We haven't had any ultrasounds, except one at 18 weeks that lasted a few minutes to check for gender. We picked homebirth from the beginning as we were informed about our options and this baby was planned. Unfortunately my girl is breech posterior and breech home births are not legal in my location. My little lady won't turn around at now 37 weeks and I'm doing everything you can imagine (I mean everything) all day long, every day. We are potentially looking at a hospital vaginal breech birth (only performed by one doctor here for first time moms, if he accepts me as a patient) or a csec if that doesn't go well.

It's been a little disappointing and very emotional for me and my husband. I'm trying to accept that things don't always go as planned and that baby may have her own idea of how she wants to be born. I just can't help but think of how much easier everything will be physically, emotionally, financially, and mentally if she turns and we have our home birth. I will keep trying to turn her and will stay hopeful but we are working on accepting the worst in case that will be our situation. This is really, really difficult. I really want my home birth and a wonderful, serene, and beautiful experience for my birth and my baby. I know I'll feel a loss for my home birth if it doesn't happen.

Trying to stay positive and hopeful. I turned for my mom one week before she went into labor, so lets hope ladybug takes after momma and doesn't stay breech posterior all the way to term!

I'm sorry to hear about the disappointing situation:( There's still a ton of hope though! I've heard a lot of stories about babies turning at the last minute. Keep trying! But also definitely keep preparing yourself for the other situation. I've been told nothing ever goes according to plan when it comes to birth and labour but it can still be a beautiful experience:) Good luck!

Thank you! :flower: We are definitely trying to stay hopeful that she will turn. I told my husband that if she does, I'm not getting off this pregnancy ball for the next three weeks until her head is sucked into my vagina so far that she can't change her mind. :haha:

Hahah have you tried doing inversions? I've been meaning to do them every day but I always forget. If I find out my babe is breech I'll probably do them a few times a day religiously to try to help!

I don't really understand the breech terminology, does breech posterior mean bum or feet down? or just facing your belly? If you're trying to get the head down I've heard playing music or having DH talk really down low might help also!

Hahah have you tried doing inversions? I've been meaning to do them every day but I always forget. If I find out my babe is breech I'll probably do them a few times a day religiously to try to help!

I don't really understand the breech terminology, does breech posterior mean bum or feet down? or just facing your belly? If you're trying to get the head down I've heard playing music or having DH talk really down low might help also!

I have tried inversions, I do them all the time. Breech posterior means baby is head up but also with her back against mine. Harder to get her out of that vs regular breech because you can't even feel her back. Anterior means back out. We've tried both playing music and having DH talk low, thanks for the suggestions :flower: Currently I'm trying the Webster technique (chiropractor) along with moxibustion and acupuncture. I've also tried Pulsatilla with no luck. I'm just going to have to really try to trust her and my body that all will set itself straight in time. Trusting that is hard sometimes but it's all in a day's work I guess! :coffee:

I've read of a couple of people who used a bag of froozen peas on the head and that seemed to do the trick getting baby to move:).

My heard goes out to you. It can be hard to explain to others that even though having the baby safe in the end is what matters the most it doesnt mean not getting the labour and birth experience you wanted isnt a loss. I would have been really upset not to get my two home births. We had an independent MW and she pushed some bounderies for us (I had high BP and DS was almost 11lbs) but she did say she sends breach babies straight to hospital.

I would agree on not losing hope! I have heard of lots of babies being stubborn and just refusing to turn until right before labor starts or very close to then. So you still have time. I completely understand how worried you must be, though. When we relocated I had to come to terms with giving up my desired stand-alone birth center birth and instead using a hospital as birth centers don't exist here (fortunately a very natural-birth welcoming one, and still with midwives). I spent plenty of moments crying and missing my original midwife. Now I'm just hoping my little guy stays head down, as similar situation, there's only one doctor in this area who will deliver a breech baby and he's not even associated with my midwives/hospital so I don't think I could even get him at this point. Fingers crossed for you, hun! I hope you're able to get your little lady to turn and stay there soon! :hugs:

Yesterday we went in for an ultrasound with the only doc who does vaginal breech. He thought I was a great candidate, problem is he's going fishing for the two weeks that I should go into labor and I'll be 41 weeks when he gets back (automatic csec). So he's not an option.

Good news is, baby turned a bit and instead of being posterior, she's got her back on my left! Thank goodness! And she's a frank breech, the best breech to be. Also, hubby got to see her precious face for a second (hard to do with a 2d). He says she's got the perfect mix of our faces and his lips :cloud9:

My only options at this point are to find a traveling midwife, have a csec, or to have an unassisted breech at home and I'm going to be honest with you ladies, I'm having a really strong gut feeling to just have her at home. I'll be 38 weeks Friday, and that's the plan so far. Of course, still hoping she will turn. Thank you all for the encouragement, I will keep updating! :flower:

Glad to hear there's some progress!!! I always say go with your gut! As long as you have a plan for if you need help, then you'll probably have a great experience. Wishing you all of the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->