• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need Advice About Healthcare Providers

norcal

Reaction score
Hey all...I need some advice!

For the past ten years, I've been going to a GREAT doc whom I love & totally trust. She works out of a great hospital...all sorts of warm & fuzzy, absolutely NO bad experiences with the doc, the staff, the labs, etc. Every appointment has always been so nice that it feels more like a visit with a friend than a medical exam.

However...that doc & hospital are almost THREE HOURS away from where I live, including a journey over very rugged mountain terrain. I've been going the distance because I usually only go for my annual exam, and the majority of healthcare providers in my area are just HORRIBLE. The few local docs with good reviews won't accept new clients (of course!).

Hubby & I are just starting our TTC journey...it'll be the first baby for both of us. Additionally, I have next to no support where we live (my mom is dead, I'm an only child, my BFFs live 4+ hrs away). I plan to hire a doula, but what about a doctor?

Should I find a way to keep using the AMAZING doc who's literally in another state, or suck it up and use a local (aka "more convenient") doc? My only other option would be driving to a town in the opposite direction that's still over an hour away.

What's everyone think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"