Need advice from fellow anxiety attack sufferers

BlushingBride

Reaction score
For some peace of mind as my doctors seem to blow me off...has anyone had anxiety attacks in pregnancy? And if so, did it affect the development of your baby?

I have had anxiety attacks (rarely a full attack, maybe twice ever, but very high states of anxiety). I was very anxious during my last pg, partly because I had to do a lot of travelling on very busy buses etc and partly because I was SO HOT later on all the time I felt in a permanent state of almost having an attack. As far as I'm aware my son hasn't been affected (it's hard to say, every child has a different personality, but he isn't a particularly anxious person)

Yep, frequently. I suffered before pregnancy too so my body is used to it. It hasn't affected my pregnancy.

I have relaxation apps on my iPhone, I have positive cognitive behavioural mantras I quote to myself & I concentrate on my breathing. I also use rescue remedy spray if I need to.

Thank you for your replies. I'm now 12 weeks and have had it ever since I found out but my work is really stressful and this week has led my panic attacks to get so much worse! I am constantly worrying that my attacks are harming the baby. I believe they will go away sooner or later as I never had actual attacks before but for now I'm really struggling. I have no control over my body no matter how hard I focus on my breathing!

Iv had anxiety attacks before pregnancy. My last pregnancy I had an anxiety attack, but at the time didn't know I was pregnant. I found out I was pregnant about 1-2 weeks after my attack, which would of put me around 3-4 weeks pregnant when it happened. This pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks, but don't believe my anxiety attack had anything to do with it.

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks. Lately with horrible morning sickness it seems to have gotten worse. I was in the ER (Hyperemesis & dehydration) a few days ago and I asked the doctor about it. He said I should try to manage my anxiety attacks but not to worry that it would hurt the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->