Need advice from people in the education field!!!!

kcoennen

Mommy to twin girls
Reaction score
Hey ladies - I need your advice. I found out today that I am not ovulating. I'm meeting with my doctor on Monday to discuss what to do next. The problem is, I am a teacher, and we are trying to move back to Pittsburgh where we are originally from. Say, for example, I am put on Clomid and become pregnant in the next few months, that would mean I would be due at the beginning of the school year between Sept - Nov. Would a school district want to hire me, knowing I would be on maternity leave at the beginning of the year? So what do we do, try to jump start my ovulation, or wait until about March to try?

I'm torn... I want a baby so bad but I want to move back home with our families too.... :shrug:

I know in the US it's illegal for a school district to ask if you're pregnant/take that into consideration when interviewing you for the job. So if you wouldn't be showing up to interviews with a big belly, I say go interview and just keep it a secret! They can't fire you for not disclosing your condition (though if you get hired into a private school they can decide to get rid of you for "other reasons")

I say get going on the SMEP, if it might take you and your hubby a while to conceive you may as well start now!

I am also a teacher and thought it would be " responsible" of me to try and time my due date in summer. Well, I did good and got pregnant in Aug. So, June due date. I ended up having a mc in Sep, and after discussing it with my husband, have decided to just keep trying anyways and it doesn't matter when our baby gets here, they can just deal with it :)

Thank you ladies. I agree also!! The hubby is still thinking we should wait until February to really start trying again. I think we'll just keep it up and see what happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->