Need advice girls I have no idea what's going on

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Evening all, my DS is 8 months old almost. Basically to keep it short, I haven't had a period since having him end of December but was breastfeeding for 6 months (stopped because he was biting me with his teeth!) 2 months on and no period. Only had sex a few times and was using condoms because I got told I had to wait for my period to start before starting back on the pill. Anyway last Saturday night we got quite drunk at a family party and ended up dtd unprotected :-0 but... I did go and get a morning after pill just under 24 hours later.. I thought that would be fine and sorted but I'm having so many aches and pains like af is going to come but nothing. I don't even know if I'm ovulating yet! I currently have two children and was thinking of a possible third but not fot another couple of years yet!! I don't know how I would cope with two under 18 months and a 3 year old :-/. Is it likely that I've not even ovulated yet? Also is morning after pill really effective? Xx

It'll be hard to know if you ovulated or not since your cycle hasn't quite returned to normal yet. ( I don't think I had a period until LO was 11 or 12 months old). Unfortunately it's also too early to tell if you're pregnant from last Saturday's sex so it'll be a waiting game at this point.

I think the odds are slim that you are pregnant, especially since you took the morning after pill. But that said the number of people end up pregnant from one night stands and broken condoms make it seem like anything is possible. lol

Are there any side effects of the morning after pill? could this be causing your discomfort and symptoms?

You need to take the morning after pill within 12 hours (unless it's changed very recently). I've taken it and it was fine for me, and no side effects or symptoms.

Thanks for your replies ladies, if I did ovulate on that Saturday I would be around 9dpo so I know I would have some symptoms by now as I did with my other pregnancies .. It says you have 72 hours to take it but the sooner u do the more effective it is. It's 95% effective if taken very soon afterwards . It could just be my body trying to come on. Hate it at this point because it's too early to test really isn't it? I was 12dpo when found out last time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->