Need advice on gro bags!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by KimmyB, Jan 24, 2011.

1. KimmyB

KimmyB Well-Known Member

Hi girls, last night was Archie's first night in his crib (he's outgrown his moses basket) So I put him in a gro bag for the first time (paranoid about him having all that room and blankets :wacko:) Well, he must have loved it as he slept for 9 solid hours :shock: Only thing, when I took him from the bag to feed him he was cold?? Its a 2.5tog, our room was 19 degrees so I don't know where I've gone wrong :shrug: Any ideas girls?
    x

2. KittyVentura

KittyVentura Autism Mum

I dunno what LO was wearing but we have the temp at 18=20 degrees and he has on a vest, socks, babygrow and then the sleeping bag. Sometimes a 2.5 tog and others a thicker (but from Primark so no idea of the tog) if it's colder. Somedays we put a long sleeved vest on.

Generally a baby will let you know if they are too cold... but wont if they ar too hot so if LO is not complaining I'd say they're fine... or too warm xx

3. BethK

BethK Well-Known Member

What else was he in?

LO's room is generally 20 when DH is in there feeding her her bedtime bottle but I know during the night it drops a bit then goes up again in the morning. Do you have your heating on all night? Could the temp be dropping too much?

We put LO in a long sleeve vest in her 2.5 tog grobag but she's a hot baby, she's big too so plenty of fat rolls and is older, and her heating is on all night, maybe your LO would need a sleepsuit on and a vest?

What part of him is cold? Freya's hands are always cold but you can't measure it like that :)

4. binxyboo

binxyboo Well-Known Member

we have Daniels room at a steady 19-20 degrees and he wears a long sleeved vest and a babygro under his sleeping bag.

5. KimmyB

KimmyB Well-Known Member

Thanks, he was wearing a short sleeved vest and a long sleeved babygrow. The room was definitely 19 degrees when I took him from the crib as I checked the room thermometer. It was mostly his hands (I know you can't rely on these for temp) and arms and torso that was cold. Not sure what to do now as I am so paranoid about him getting too warm :wacko: Why is it never easy?! Although as someone mentioned I guess he'd wake up and cry if he was too cold? And last night was the longest he's ever slept for!

6. binxyboo

binxyboo Well-Known Member

pop some scratch mits on. Thats what I use to keep Daniels hands toasty in the night.

7. ~Mummy~

~Mummy~ Expecting #2!!

Maybe try a long sleeved vest instead of the short sleeved?

We keep our room at 19-20 and put her in a short sleeve vest, a babygrow and a 2.5 tog grobag. If its colder than 19 we put a fleecy babygrow on instead or a long sleeve vest.

Her hands are always freezing and I even used to put on 3 scratch mittens but they didn't do much. Cold hands don't seem to bother her, though.

8. Mrs Mayhem

Mrs Mayhem Guest

Holly wears a short sleeved vest and a long sleeved babygrow when in her grow bags, we use the ones with popover mitts so her little hands don't get cold. Our room stays between 18-20 degree's and she's always fine, though we do also use a cellular blanket over her bottom half (she always needs arms out!)

9. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

like kittyventura said babies will let you know if theyre to cold but not if there to hot,
    alfie wears a short sleaved baby grow, sleepsuit with the mits attatched. our rooms about 20ish. try putting a long sleeved baby grow under neath his pj's and some mits or socks over his hands as they tend to be abit thicker they do look silly though lol. or try putting socks on his feet before you put the sleep suit on..
    <3

10. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

Ur LO wears the same as my LO with a 2.5tog bag.

We also put a cellular blanket draped over her and a cotton one lightly over her up to her torso and she wakes up warm.

11. LuckyStarr

LuckyStarr Mummy to Izzie X

During the night our room dropped to 14 degrees according to the monitor, when I took izzie out of her grobag to change her bum before her feed she was gorgeous and warm, I checked behind her neck and chest. She must get it from Her daddy he is like a water bottle too. X x

12. Carlyp1990

Carlyp1990 Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡

my room gets really cold at night but katie wears a vest, and then pjs or a sleepsuit and then goes in her 2.5 tog sleeping bag and is lovely and warm in the morning :) her hands and arms do sometimes feel abit chilly but thats because there not covered as much as the rest of her. x

13. fifie123

fifie123 Well-Known Member

I normally put an extra thin blanket over the top