Need advice on remaining sane while TTC#2

butterfly8360

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to this forum and could use some advice. I am a SAHM to a beautiful 19 month old girl and DH and I are going into the 4th month of trying for #2. It took us 6 months to conceive our beautiful daughter so I knew going into this that it might take a little bit of time. However, it's starting to eat away at me and I feel like I constantly have baby #2 on my mind. I hate this because I want to be enjoying this time with my daughter without the stress and anxiety that comes with TTC. Any advice on how you ladies try to keep calm and relaxed while TTC?

I can completely relate. I have a daughter who's a little over 2 years old and we're also going into our 4th month of TTC baby #2. It took us 5 months to conceive our 1st, so we weren't expecting it to be immediate, but I'm already feeling pretty down. :( I think I had my hopes up too high that maybe it would happen quicker this time around and it's really disappointing that it didn't happen. While it may not be the majority, it still seems like SO many people have surprise pregnancies or get pregnant on the first or second try. I guess I have to accept the fact that I'm not one of those people and I have to wait a bit.

What makes it almost more frustrating, is the fact that I have incredibly regular cycles but nothing to show for it. My O signs (cramping and EWCM) are textbook and right on time every month. We use OPKs and have managed to perfectly time things for the past 3 months (BDing 1 day before +OPK, as well as the day of and day after +OPK). So, we usually BD 3 days in a row during my peak fertile time. I feel O cramps every time, we also use Pre-Seed and Soft Cups afterward, and yet still...BFN :(

DH and I are both relatively healthy (though, we could both stand to lose about 20 pounds and exercise much more regularly). We eat fairly well and take our vitamins. Neither of us smoke or drink. I barely have one small cup of coffee per day. I do need to drink a lot more water and get more sleep, though. I've started doing fertility yoga in an attempt to de-stress. I'm also considering acupuncture in the near future (I already see a chiropractor about once a month). I even tried some fertility herbs last month but that obviously didn't make a difference. It makes me think that it will just happen when it's supposed to happen, regardless of everything I do. In the meantime, I'm just trying to be healthy and relax as best I can.

Lately, I've had a bad feeling that it's just not going to happen or that it's going to be a very long road ahead. I almost feel like I'll never experience that exciting, "I'm pregnant!" moment again. When you see so many BFNs, it's hard to imagine a BFP. Sometimes I worry that God is trying to tell DH and I that we waited too long and that we should have been open to a second child sooner. :nope: Maybe we're going to be waiting a long time while we learn our lesson :(

I'm trying to stay positive and trust in God but it can be hard to have faith month after month. Granted, it really hasn't been long at all in the grand scheme of things and I'm very blessed to already have one healthy child, but it still hurts.

Personally, it seems like forever since I was pregnant and had a newborn. If we conceive very soon, our children will be about 3 years apart (which is what we wanted) but I definitely have baby fever since it's been over two years since I had a little baby. I so badly want to experience pregnancy again. It doesn't help matters that I'm approaching 30 and tons of women I know are currently pregnant or just had a baby.

When I'm feeling sad or discouraged, I really try to distract myself with other things (the holidays are actually helping right now) and spend time being thankful for all that I have. But there are days when I really want a little sibling for my daughter and it can be hard. Regardless, I personally believe that God has a plan and knows what's best for our family. The waiting is tough but I can only take it one day at a time and try my best to be positive and grateful for the beautiful child that I already have.

I just realized I wrote a book (sorry!) Wishing you all the best in your TTC journey and hope you get your BFP very soon!! :dust:

I'm in the same boat as you! My son is 19 month old, almost 20 months now and we are also going on 4 months ttc #2. It is frustrating for us because we fell pregnant the first month ttc last time. I am trying to keep positive and have faith that it will happen soon. It doesn't help that I have irregular cycles about 45 days long. It just makes it even worse knowing I don't get that chance to try and test every month like most ladies.
I guess to answer your question is I don't really know because I feel the same way. Something I do try to do is focus on this special time with just my son while he is still little and likes to cuddle with me, read stories with him and just spend time with him in general because soon enough he will grow up and I won't have those moments anymore.
Good luck to you, I hope you get your BFP soon!

I am going to be following this thread as I am in the same boat. DD is almost 3, and she is wonderful and loves babies and other children. We just got married in September and knew we would be trying right away. DTD lots on our honeymoon this cycle, but I am now 10po and 4 days before AF *should* come and bfns. Not to mention my cycles have become irregular in the last year. Had some tests run and nothing stands out so here I am in the TTC boat, only round 2 but still :( If I knew it would take long I would have started before the wedding. lol

I am going to be following this thread as I am in the same boat. DD is almost 3, and she is wonderful and loves babies and other children. We just got married in September and knew we would be trying right away. DTD lots on our honeymoon this cycle, but I am now 10po and 4 days before AF *should* come and bfns. Not to mention my cycles have become irregular in the last year. Had some tests run and nothing stands out so here I am in the TTC boat, only round 2 but still :( If I knew it would take long I would have started before the wedding. lol

I know what you mean about starting earlier. I want my kids to about 2-2 1/2 years apart (3 at the most, but would prefer a bit closer) so if I'd known it was going to take this long I would have started trying earlier! Hindsight is 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->