Need advice on when to try

Mua1234

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I know some people may think this sounds a lite odd, but me and my husband want to try for a baby soon. I've been on the pill for a long time now and just feel I am ready and want to come off it. At the end of the month we have our honeymoon which I do just really want to enjoy but I can't decide if I should come off the pill now or wait until we get back, as I haven't had a period for about 5 years (due to the type of pill I'm on) and I'm worried I will end up being on my period while I'm away or I've hear some people have really bad heavy ones after this pill, also I have hear it can take a few weeks or possibly months to have your first period.

I just can't decide if I should come off now or just wait till after the honeymoon?

What would you do? :) x

What pill are you on? I would wait until after your honeymoon do you can enjoy it what's one more month

I would wait until after your honeymoon to come off it (just because you aren't sure how your body will react when you come off of it). And then in my opinion, I would do a few months with using just a condom before actually TTC.

Up to you and whatever feels right, but if it were me I'd wait till I got back. I had the same question with my hubby & I going to the beach at the end of this month and decided to stay on the pill till we got back in June. Then we will start TTC right away. My periods were horrible before the pill and I wouldn't want that happening at the beach! Hope you have a great honeymoon!

I would wait until I got back, I would rather the risk of having to wait a couple of extra weeks for my period than potentially interrupt a once in a lifetime honeymoon with an unwanted period :flower:

I would wait until after your honeymoon to come off it (just because you aren't sure how your body will react when you come off of it). And then in my opinion, I would do a few months with using just a condom before actually TTC.

How come just out of interest? There's often a bit of a fertile surge straight after coming off the pill, that's how we got DS1 :haha:

I got pregnant 3 months after I came off the pill and then ended up having a B.O. another friend of mine had the exact same thing happen. I have a hard time not correlating the two. I guess that is my rational. I don't think there is any scientific fact behind it.

I got pregnant 3 months after I came off the pill and then ended up having a B.O. another friend of mine had the exact same thing happen. I have a hard time not correlating the two. I guess that is my rational. I don't think there is any scientific fact behind it.

Ah I see I'm sorry for your loss I can see why you would feel that way :hugs: I have heard things about falling pregnant too soon off the pill or coil as the womb lining can be a bit thin and increase chance of miscarriage I'm not sure if there is any fact in that, it didn't affect me although I did have a bit of bleeding with both boys.

I chose not to go back on the pill, just because I want to eliminate all possible risk of going through that again. Regardless if it is my own hypochondriac-ness or not.

I totally agree, I haven't been on hormonal contraception for over 4 years now, it really had a bad affect on me and I worry about the long term effects not just in terms of fertility. I have a non hormonal coil now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->