• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need advice please!

JLMoran

Reaction score
I have been on BCP for almost 6 years. We decided it's time to try for baby #2. I had regular 28 day cycles on the pill. I finished off my pack 6/13 and had my period 6/18-6/22.
My question is, is the period I just had an actual period or do I need to wait until after my next period off BCP to start TTC?

By definition the bleed right when you stop taking the BCP is a withdraw bleed, not a real period.

But there are plenty of people who get pregnant right away and never get a "real period" inbetween. So you could ovulate in two weeks, have sex at the right time and be preggers before even getting a "real period"!! There is no need to "wait"

Just in case: if you don't get a period for while, don't panic. For SOME people it takes a few months for the body to get use to not having the BCP. I think it's something like 30 percent of women.

But there's lots of women who get a positive right away!!!

good luck

I don't think is the real period. After stopping taking the pill, your body needs time to recover, and your period will gradually go back to normal. There are several article I found online talk about how birth control affect fertility.
1.How Birth Control Affect Fertility.
2.How Birth Control Could Affect YourFertility
3.Birth control and infertility: Does using birth control hurt my chances of getting pregnant later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"