need advice with weaning ,baby rice constipating my 5m baby

star99

Reaction score
i started giving my 5m daughter a teaspoon of baby rice every other day after midmorning feed but she seems to be getting bit too constipated . She pood ok first 2 times but the last time i fed her she didnt go for 2 days and she was straining all the time i felt so bad for her. i gave her a tiny bit of water and just breastfed her loads.

What do other people do - do you start with baby rice for a couple weeks then move onto other foods or do you start adding veg and fruit straight away ? Any suggestions to avoid this problem appreciated !

I would maybe make the rice thinner... or try baby oatmeal (thin as well). I started weaning at 51/2 months, and my LO would only take MAYBE 3 bites at a time. So, start slow... and make sure you nurse BEFORE you give any solids.
I would say, after a few weeks/month... you can move on to different flavors/textures. Just watch your LO's cues. :flower:

Try mixing with some pear or prune juice. Baby cereal has a lot of iron added which does cause constipation, but the juice should help keep things moving!

Thanks I wasn't sure whether to add in fruit yet or keep with rice for few weeks ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->