Need Advice (working after baby?)

HappyinLove

Reaction score
I am an elementary teacher. My due date is August 11th. School starts August 19th. I already have a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks due to my first baby's size. So the baby will be here July 28th. After I had my son I didn't go back to work until 6 weeks later and I only worked two days a week. I "stayed home" (I was in college as well but it didn't require me to be away from him very often) for his first year of life before I took him to daycare. I know that with this baby I will want to stay home and nurse, etc. We just can't afford to though. :( I am excited to teach, I am looking at switching to a different grade and I am really pumped up about a new school year. I am worried that when the baby comes that I will not feel that way but feel that I want to stay home.

SO my question is...for those of you that already have kids or even if this is your first. When are you planning on going back to work? Did you handle it okay? Did you pump at work (that's my plan)?

DH wants me to do whatever makes me happy. So I'm really looking for some advice from y'all!! :)

with my first 1 went back after 9 months and went back full time. Thats probably what I will do if I do have any more, I was climbing the walls by then and desperate to go back to adult conversation and to use my brain again properly!!
Everybodies situation is different and how much time they can afford to take off differs greatly, I think its great your DH is so supportive and wants you to do whatever makes you happy.
Hope everything goes well for you.

I know that I will not go back to work for at least 7 months to a year. I work in a school that is horrible teaching 2nd grade. It is in a very bad area and I was not going back even if I was not pregnant so my situation is a bit different than yours. Money will be a bit tight for us since I am not working after the baby but I want to be there to experience this with my little one. It is our first. After 7 months or so I will start to substitute to find a different school since I do not like where I am at now. I am afraid that I will never want to go back to work after I see my little one and I know I will have to eventually. If your DH is saying to do what makes you happy then do just that. :thumbup:

I know what will make me happy now but when the baby gets here, that will be a whole other story! :) Thanks for your replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->