need advice

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by teen mummy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. teen mummy

teen mummy Amelias mummy

My daughter Amelia has never took more than 7oz of milk but recently she will not even let me put the bottle to her mouth she will grap the end or hit it out my hand, getting slightely worried now cause shes not having any fluids (she wont take water either)

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

My Caitlin never took more than that right up to her very last bottle (before beakers)! lol

What about trying beakers in the day - We did bottle in morning beakers in day (the small Avent soft spout ones) and bottle at last feed!

Maybe she'd like some orange - Don't buy low sugar etc the best one is HIGH orange which was always recommended to me from Mummys when I was starting to introduce things like this and changes. x

3. teen mummy

teen mummy Amelias mummy

well we have tried her with a tommy tipee beaker but she just wont have that either! shes bein a terror atm, and with beakers do you use a free flow or non spill??? the one we have can go both.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

5. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Chase is becoming somewhat like this. Everytime I feed him, he pushes the bottle away and sits up every few minutes. :dohh:

I would definitely try Wobbles' suggestion.

:hugs:

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

So you don't feel bad...........Hannah's a month younger and she's on one bottle in the mornings (the only time of day she will consent to a bottle) and than I make up another bottle of 6 ounces and pour a couple of ounces into a sippy cup/beaker at different times throughout the day and give it to her. With her meals she's always offered water (in a cup with a soft spout which she loves, but part of that is because she knows how to squeeze the spout to get the water out :dohh:) Hannah's just not a milky baby. She eats great though, has a wide variety of foods throughout the day--remember that they are also getting fluids from the foods they eat too.