• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need advice

lily52928

Reaction score
I just signed up to this site in hopes that someone can help me or give me advice. The beginning of my last period was April 26th, 2017. It's now July 16th, 2017. I am approaching my third missed period. This is very out of the ordinary for me as I usually have regular cycles. I saw a doctor about a month ago because I was wondering if I was pregnant even though I had had a negative home pregnancy test. She gave me another urine test while I was there and it was also negative. She said there is no way I can be pregnant since the tests were negative and hCG would have showed up by that time. (I was suspecting that I could have conceived on May 2nd) She told me to get in touch with her when I missed my third period, which is coming up in 10 days. She said I have low progesterone and will need Provera to induce my period. However, I have been reading about Provera and am concerned to take it because of all the side affects including birth defects in the first trimester. What if I am pregnant and hCG didn't show up in the test? I have read that this is the case for some women. Or what if I have conceived since I visited the Dr? I don't know if this is possible, but I have been having some early pregnancy symptoms such as very sore breasts, back ache, very frequent urination, swollen feet, mood swings, unexplained weight gain, etc. I am worried about taking Provera but also know that if I am not pregnant and just have low progesterone, then I need something to induce my period so that I don't have buildup and thus cause health problems. Any advice?? Thank you.

I'd ask for a blood test before starting Provera, since urine hGC tests can fail. It's very rare, but not impossible. If the blood test shows nothing, then go for the Provera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"