Need help convincing DH...

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So i have a beautiful baby boy who is 3 months 1 week and seriously since he was 2 weeks old ive been so so so broody and craving to be pregnant again i swore id wait 5 years for number 2 and that i didnt wanna be pregnant again for a longgggg time but i seriously love being a mummy! and crave giving birth i thought it might be a phase and it would pass but it isnt well it hasnt i want them to be super close in age ive spoken to dh and he thinks the only reason i want number 2 is so i dont have to go back to work...ive told him all the reasonss why but he doesnt seem sure how can i convince him girls?! any help would be great xx

Its your hormones. I promise you. Everyone I know, including myself, felt that same exact way around that time. Give yourself a few more months and it will pass. If it doesn't, reapproach the subject. But I think you should be convincing yourself to hold off a little longer and see if the feeling passes. It did for me and for everyone else I know.

However, as I said, if the feeling doesn't pass then just keep bugging him about it. Lol

It's your hormones. I felt broody until almost a year PP!!

Not worn off over here so we are ntnp #2 haha. Your ticker has a countdown to ttc #2, did you convince him?! X

I think if he's not ready for another child yet then I wouldn't being trying to "convince" him. It doesn't have to be right now or 5 years from now, I'm sure you could agree on a compromise.

I know for others it did wear off, but for me it didn't, which is why we went on to have our second quite close (strangely While I would still like more kids, I don't have that same urge after my second that I did after my first - good thing as we can't afford another just yet!)

Without pushing too much, you could try to sell him on some of the benefits of having your kids closer in age, like getting the sleepless nights over all at once rather than getting used to lots of sleep and then it coming as a shock again, the kids having a playmate close in age and being younger when the kids are grown up so you can enjoy your freedom again at an earlier age than if you wait to have more kids. :flower:

Hormones. Natures way of ensuring that the population continues..

Hormones?!?! I must've missed out on that batch lol! DS is nearly 7 months and only today I've thought I could happily have another sooner than we planned (also planned 5 years) at the minute, we can't afford another so we will wait a while but it might not be your hormones lol, just keep mentioning it to him, but don't push him too hard x

(And that was with an easy baby :p)

Ttc our second at the moment, I literally can't wait. I never taught I'd love being a mom so much he is the best little guy.

Wasn't just hormones for me. Hence only a 15 month age gap. :)

I'm so broody for number 3 now! I'm waiting 2-3 years though 2016 is the year for ttc baby number 3 all I told my oh was 'we're having another baby in a few years, you have no say in the matter' haha luckily he is after 1 more :p

Its your hormones. I promise you. Everyone I know, including myself, felt that same exact way around that time. Give yourself a few more months and it will pass. If it doesn't, reapproach the subject. But I think you should be convincing yourself to hold off a little longer and see if the feeling passes. It did for me and for everyone else I know.

However, as I said, if the feeling doesn't pass then just keep bugging him about it. Lol

I agree completely with this! I was soooooo broody straight after having lo up until about 2 weeks ago then the rational part of my brain kicked in lol and now I don't feel as broody! I would still love another baby but logically now is not the time for us x

I too would love another one. Daughter 11 weeks and I'm not on any contraception, but it took us two years of ttc and big to get pregnant so not holding out any hope at all.
Plus stopped bf (was not end at the end just one breast feed a day due to pain and infections) and period still not returned yet...

Me and my sister have 1yr 11 days between us so mum had my sister then prey with me 3 months later!! So it was great for us!!

My hormones must be dead, 2 years later and not a single bout of broodyness.

Don't rush it or him, he may resent another child if it's rushed. Having a 23 month old and a 5 week old myself, its insanely hard. Enjoy this one till they are a year or so. let your body heal, remember it takes 9 months to grow a baby, just because you may feel good doesn't mean your physically healed from child birth inside.

My hormones must be dead, 2 years later and not a single bout of broodyness.

😄 pretty sure mine are dead too! The only hormones I've had since giving birth are ones that scream NEVER AGAIN!! Lol!

Seriously though op, I think you should ease off trying to convince your oh of anything and come to a compromise in when is the best time to try again. Enjoy the little one you have and take time to recover. I plan to ttc again soon as I want lo to have a sibling and am getting on a bit lol! If I was your age I would defo wait a while and get this one up a bit before starting all over again, you have loads of time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->