Need help cooking for a group

lau86

Reaction score
I've got 7 adults and 3 children. It can't take too long/ can look after itself and I have one veggie and one gluten free! Fml ha ha

Bean burrito served with tortillas (all gluten free ones or normal + GF)

Cook mixed beans/lentils, onions, tinned tomatoes, passata with spices, garlic etc in a pot or slow cooker. You may have to check the gluten part on beans/lentils depending on how they are packed.

Id do something that you can prepare before hand either in a slow cooker, pot eyc and maybe just cook some sides

Curry
Chilli
Lasagne

That type of thing, veggie variants would be fairy easy too. Then Id just add things like naan bread, garlic bread rtc what ever applies.

The last thing you want to be doing is backwards and forwards to the kitchen every 5 mins, keep it simple and enjoy your family time x

I wanted to do a lasagne but now I have to do gluten free I'm not confident with gluten free pasta and white sauce!

Jamie Oliver has a lovely recipe for veggie chilli, using sweet potatoes. Serve with rice and a simple guacamole of whizzed up avocado's and lime.

Stew? If you've got two slow cookers it would be easy to make one veggie and gf and one beef (or put veggie one in oven). Or stick with lasagne and buy gluten free lasagne sheets. The white sauce with gf or corn flour is just as easy to do as using normal flour and nobody would be able to tell the difference.

This is exactly our family! One veggie and one gf!

Our family usually do chilli and rice (gluten free) and macaroni cheese (veggie)

When I'm hosting I do oven baked potatoes and I put the toppings in bowls and let everyone help themselves. For dessert I do meringue, strawberries and cream. Again I let people assemble.

They always go down well!

Meant to say if I'm doing the potatoes I always buy a few of those big Asda pizzas for kids/kidults. I also usually have some sort of chicken skewers.

This is exactly our family! One veggie and one gf!

Our family usually do chilli and rice (gluten free) and macaroni cheese (veggie)

When I'm hosting I do oven baked potatoes and I put the toppings in bowls and let everyone help themselves. For dessert I do meringue, strawberries and cream. Again I let people assemble.

They always go down well!

Lol I'm doing Mexican for main, chilli is good as it's easy to make for everyone, then Eton mess for dessert! Didn't even see this post first but meringue was a go to when my bro was young for a nice dessert (before they started all the nice gf stuff) so I still think of it first

Sounds lovely! I'm the veggie and I don't love chilli (I can eat it but meh!) which is why I usually do mac n cheese. Plus the kids eat it.

Mexican is good fun though.

sounds like you've got it sorted - yum! They do make gluten free lasagna noodles, though! Sell them at the regular grocer - at least around here. I bought them by accident once - they taste exactly the same as regular :flower:

It went down so well! I did a beef brisket chilli rather than a mince, no one had eaten it before so it was a bit different. Also did nachos covered in melted cheese, I had to do a second tray and more rice! I was expecting to have leftovers as always try and do too much but it all got eaten!

Zucchini veggie Lasagna is amazing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"