need help dating pregnancy

squeak01

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently found out im pregnant after two losses, I had just got an apointment for dec to attend fertility clinic due to trying for over a year and got a huge shock that i am expecting!

Im really struggling with the dates as I had been getting blood tests every mon to check for ovulation. On oct 8th I got a call to say i had ovulated and progesterone level was 30.8 on oct 6th. Before that it was 5.8 and before that 2.4. I woke up on the sunday 12th bursting for loo and feeling sick and for some reason decided to test and it came bk positive i was gobsmacked surely there is no wsy u can ovulate on the monday and find out ur preg the following sun? I bought a clesrblue which showed 1-2 weeks and was the final confirmation. I had alot of pain on thur2nd and fri the 3rd and had a sore chest friday onwards, is it possible i ovulated or implanted then?

I threw up twice early in the week and i get alot of dry retching. However my symptoms keep coming and going even the constant loo trips can stop which scares the hell out of me.

Basically i cannot believe i could hv found out so early when in the past iv always tested negative right up until missed period!!!

I'd just go with the test that you are 3/4 weeks pregnant from when you took the test. Sadly I can't go much further than that since I don't know when you ovulated (I only know mine due to OPK and temping).
I wouldn't worry too much since they may do an early scan to get you a proper due date. As of right now for me I'm due between the 5th and 12th of June (I prefer to go with the later since I know I ovulated on day 22). Anyway, I go for a scan on Tuesday.

Excited for you and hope this one sticks for you ^^

Also don't worry about symptoms coming and going. The first two weeks my boobs ached and wish I was joking but have already gone up a bra size to the bras I wore during my last successful pregnancy. And I thought I was going to miss morning sickness since I did not have it at all with my daughter but it's here. Came in last night/early morning today. Also extremely tired.

Again welcome to the thread and Happy and Healthy 9 months!

Also forgot to mention it is very possible to find out early if you implanted early. First Pregnancy 9 days after ovulation we found out, 2nd was 7 days, 3rd was 10, 4th was 10, and 5th (current) was at 9.

If you ovulated the 5th or 6th and you got your bfp on the 12th that means you found out at 6-7dpo. Thats a bit early but certainly does happen. You can use the 5th as your ovulatiojndate and plug it into a pregnancy calculator to work out your due date.

Thanks, i was really just shocked i think to find out so early on mon 29th my progesterone level was 5.8 and then the week later on oct 6th my level was 30.8 so I obv ovulated sometime in that week, i had alot of pain on the thur and fri and thought i had ovulated then but who knows.

Im just worried as i had alot of symptoms such as sore chest and needing to pee plus sickness and nausea which made me test but for the last 3 days they have all mostly dissappered. I only occasionaly get sore chest and nipples and still have the toilet trips but the nausea is gone so im quite worried, Hopefully I will find out soon when I have to go for my scan and it will put my fears to rest.

Sore bbs is usually caused by progesterone and im just worried mines is dropping hence why my symptoms are dissappearing.

I used the 4th as ovulation it then puts conception as the 5th but implantation not until the 13th??I either ovulated earlier or implanted earlier lol! Im just going to try and stop guessing and wait for scan, i hv to hv one before 6 weeks because of lrevious ectopic. I am going to phone the doc on monday and ask for a blood draw to check levels and go from there.

Im just anxious due to previous losses and my first was a mmc which started with symptoms dissappearing so pretty anxious but praying for best.

I will go with oct 5th as conception date making me 4 weeks today which is crazy to me tht i even had any symptoms! Hopefully things go right in the next week or so and the symptoms kick in again!

Thanks for your answers girls I really appreciate it :)

With my DD I tested positive at 9dpo (on a digi, and I hadn't tested prior to that) and with this one I got a positive at 8dpo on an IC and at 9dpo on a digi. I'm not all that knowledgable about blood tests for ovulation; how many days before could you have ovulated if the blood test on Oct 6th showed ovulation? If it might have been a couple days before, that would definitely put you in that 8-9dpo window.

Fx for you!

(As for testing right up until AF with the others... I know this isn't true for everyone, but for me I haven't gotten a positive until after my missed AF with both of my early losses/chemicals. Since I found out so early with the ones that went well/seem to be going well, I kind of suspect that my body wasn't producing HCG correctly the other times. I kind of figure that something was already going wrong with the pregnancies which is why my HCG wasn't rising correctly. It could be unrelated since I know plenty of women don't get a positive until after AF is due and have healthy babies, but for me I find it interesting.)

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply, I woke up this morning and threw up, ive been drained all day and my chest is hurting more than ever. Im just going to take it that i found out really early hence the symptoms dropping off.

I think u cn hv ovulated 2 days before ur blood test and the numbers would still be high - not entirely sure.

Thanks for the reassurance, im just praying this is my chance to be a mum finally :)

Hi,

Just thought I would update. I had my scan today and im 8 weeks 2 days pregnant! Further on than i thought! I heard and seen heartbeat and was even given 3 pictures! Im over the moon ajd have my next scan on the 9th december!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->