Need help please

Reaction score
So I was prescribed provera to start having regular periods...before I started taking it I got af September 26th so she,told,me to take for 21 days then when af comes stop then start again..so if af just came do I start taking it now?? Any experience with provera?? Good bad?? ANY bad side effects?? Doesn't this help u ovulate too?? Ntnp.. right now,but I need a regular af..for last three months my average is 48 days..when should I start testing for ovulation??

I had to take provera to help with a different medical issue. Once it was dealt with I took it like birth control 3 weeks on, one week off. It is a progesterone pill (think Depo Provera). The main side effect I had was that it was incredibly hard to lose weight. It really likes to make your body gain, so to counter this make sure you have a great diet just to maintain your current weight.

No it will not help you ovulate. It is similar to birth control but it's just progesterone instead of adding in the other hormones bc does. But in order to get some semblance of a schedule it's good to take for a bit. Since you are ntnp you can take a few months to regulate. When you choose to actually ttc you would go off of it permanently.

I would take this time to start tracking your cycles. Start temping. Don't bother with opk's as you likely won't ovulate while on it. So it will just be a waste of money. It inhibits ovulation and thins the lining of the uterus. But it will regulate your periods to a normal schedule. during this time you can learn how to track and temp and you will have it down when you actually want to ttc.

If you don't want to take so long and figure you are actually ttc then you could take it for 21 days, then stop to bring on af and you could start a fertility drug like Femara or Clomid to induce ovulation. Or track for a cycle or two to see if you O on your own.

I would start taking it asap just to give you a normal cycle in a few weeks.

Thank you..af just ended on the 30th..also is it possible to get pregnant 5 days after af?? We just dtd but af just ended.. what are the odds with irregular cycles?? And let's say I dud become pregnant when can I test?

The liklihood is so very remote. The only way conception happens just after af is if you have really short cycles and a longer af cycle. Ovulation usually happens 14 days before af is due. With irregular cycles it is hard to pinpoint which is why temping is important. While you won't see it before you ovulate temping will show you ovulation after the fact.

Since you are ntnp it would be helpful to do this for a few months to see what day you do ovulate.

If your average cycle is 48 I would say you would ovulate on cd 34 or around there.

But if you somehow did get pregnant so soon you would be able to get a positive test in about 10 days ish. But like I said it isn't likely you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->