Need help understanding timing of IVF??

babey

Reaction score
Hiya

My partner and I are literally waiting on a phone call from our clinic this week to let us know what our treatment plan is and when we can start our first cycle in January, however after the nurse asking me my last period dates so that they could time it right, it got me thinking!!

Is there a certain time of the month we have to start it then? My cycle ranges anything from 23 days to 30 days so now I'm panicking I might miss something if it dosnt come when expected!!?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks xx

It depends on your protocol. Are you doing short protocol? Long agonist or long antagonist, etc.

Hi for both my fresh and frozen cycle I had to call them on day 1 of cycle so they could draw up timetable. I was on long protocol so it was approx 7 weeks from day 1 of cycle to transfer as proxy timing. Where are you at in cycle at the moment?

Mine was the same, call clinic on CD1 , go fpr baseline scan nd start stimming same day, or CD2/3
If it was a weekend, dont worry they will have it all planned out and you wont miss anything, good luck xx

Oh and my af ranges from 35-75 days so never comes when expected but your clinic will be aware of your needs

Hi, I did the short cycle, antagonist I think?

I called on CD1, started my meds and horomones CD2, 2 blood tests and 1 ultrasound, then egg retrieval CD9. Transfer on CD12. And a blood test just over two weeks later. So all up just at 4 weeks. No bcp etc.

The doc put us on the short cycle as we are moving overseas next month and wanted to complete one cycle before we leave australia to live in usa.

Good luck

Thanks your replies ladies!!
My questions been answered as just literally had a call from the clinic saying that I will be starting meds on 13th jan, and as my periods aren't white regular they will do it so they can bring it on! Got a consultation on the 8th to find out more but she said our egg collection will be 11th feb! God I'm so nervous now xx

Don't be nervous! It's all alright! I was super nervous with mine, no idea of what to expect, but it worked out just fine! It seems overwhelming at first, so much to do, so much to remember on certain days, but the clinic will help you along the way I'm sure.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->