Need help!! weight loss.....

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
hi guys just wondered if you can offer me some advice and ideas on lossing weight. i want to lose around 2 stone but i just dont no where to start. i have got into a bad habit of eating what i like and i cant get out of it.
please help

I was going to start a thread very similar!!!

For me I think weight watchers is GREAT!!! But I want to lose weight quickly...!! Was wondering if anyone had had any success with any diet aid pills or strict diets!!

im startin ww me sel...just been waitin 2join a gym b4 i start ww, done ww b4 tho few yrs ago, and lost 2stone!! hopin 2do same soon x x x

The trick to healthy eating is getting the junk out of your system. Right now you're craving things like sweets, chocolates, crisps and carbs because that's what you're body is used to. The first few weeks are always the hardest to get over but once your body starts running on a new fuel of healthier food it will be much easier and you'll find that your body craves natural sugars rather than synthetic ones.

I used to be in the forces reserves, and did a lot of physical training and I have to admit I'm not a fan of diets or fads. They are a quick fix solution that aren't very good for your body and you're likely to just put the weight back on once you stop. It's better to alter you approach and attitude to food first, then concentrate on the exercise. You'll also find when you start exercising that you crave healthy food that gives your body the energy it needs to complete tasks.

If you feel like you have the motivation to do it alone, then I would start by clearing out your cupboards and fridge. Get rid of any junk food, food high in saturated fats, sugars, synthetics, caffine, etc. Then go shopping. I find online shopping best as you stick to a list and aren't tempted by 'just one bag of crisps'. Fill your basket with naturally healthy food. Oatmeal, brown bread, brown rice, vegetables, etc. Use things like honey instead of sugar, natural yogurt instead of processed, fresh veg instead of frozen, sunflower and pumpkin seeds instead of crisps, etc.

Do this for two weeks without limiting what you eat, and without exercising. Doing too much at once is what causes most people to fail. By concentrating on JUST cutting out the rubbish from your diet and only eating healthy then you are more likely to succeed as you will only have one thing to concentrate on. You're also giving your body a chance to detox to get all the junk out of it first before starting exercise.

After two weeks you should notice that you have more energy (remember not to eat less/cut portions just eat healthy) and that you've lost your cravings for things like fizzy drinks and sweets. Your body has got used to natural flavours again.

Now you can start to exercise! You should also consult your doctor before doing any exercise if you haven't done any for awhile. Start by making sure you eat a healthy breakfast like oatmeal and honey which will give your body the fuel you need to exercise. When you're losing weight you should ALWAYS eat three healthy, balanced meals a day. NEVER scimp or go without. If you do, you're body will only store the fat from your next meal rather than burning it off as energy so you're actually tricking your body into retaining weight by not eating.

So start exercising by going for a 20 minute walk. You can find exercise plans on the internet, but you'd look at increasing this amount every couple of days at first by about 10 minutes. Remember to just walk, and do it every other day and rest at the weekend. The second week, walk for 10mins and jog for 2 minutes and repeat. Build it up slowly.

It will take you awhile, but by getting your eating habits sorted out first you are much more likely to lose the weight, be healthy and keep it off for good.

Hope that helps. :)

I was going to start a thread very similar!!!

For me I think weight watchers is GREAT!!! But I want to lose weight quickly...!! Was wondering if anyone had had any success with any diet aid pills or strict diets!!

hun i wouldnt go on diet pills these are really bad for you and as soon as you come off them the weight will pile back on, the same with fad diets.

im going to try what rafwife said this sounds the best way and im going to incorparate gi foods as my nan is diabetic and has to stick to this diet and she lost loads of wait and shes not very active either.

The trick to healthy eating is getting the junk out of your system. Right now you're craving things like sweets, chocolates, crisps and carbs because that's what you're body is used to. The first few weeks are always the hardest to get over but once your body starts running on a new fuel of healthier food it will be much easier and you'll find that your body craves natural sugars rather than synthetic ones.

I used to be in the forces reserves, and did a lot of physical training and I have to admit I'm not a fan of diets or fads. They are a quick fix solution that aren't very good for your body and you're likely to just put the weight back on once you stop. It's better to alter you approach and attitude to food first, then concentrate on the exercise. You'll also find when you start exercising that you crave healthy food that gives your body the energy it needs to complete tasks.

If you feel like you have the motivation to do it alone, then I would start by clearing out your cupboards and fridge. Get rid of any junk food, food high in saturated fats, sugars, synthetics, caffine, etc. Then go shopping. I find online shopping best as you stick to a list and aren't tempted by 'just one bag of crisps'. Fill your basket with naturally healthy food. Oatmeal, brown bread, brown rice, vegetables, etc. Use things like honey instead of sugar, natural yogurt instead of processed, fresh veg instead of frozen, sunflower and pumpkin seeds instead of crisps, etc.

Do this for two weeks without limiting what you eat, and without exercising. Doing too much at once is what causes most people to fail. By concentrating on JUST cutting out the rubbish from your diet and only eating healthy then you are more likely to succeed as you will only have one thing to concentrate on. You're also giving your body a chance to detox to get all the junk out of it first before starting exercise.

After two weeks you should notice that you have more energy (remember not to eat less/cut portions just eat healthy) and that you've lost your cravings for things like fizzy drinks and sweets. Your body has got used to natural flavours again.

Now you can start to exercise! You should also consult your doctor before doing any exercise if you haven't done any for awhile. Start by making sure you eat a healthy breakfast like oatmeal and honey which will give your body the fuel you need to exercise. When you're losing weight you should ALWAYS eat three healthy, balanced meals a day. NEVER scimp or go without. If you do, you're body will only store the fat from your next meal rather than burning it off as energy so you're actually tricking your body into retaining weight by not eating.

So start exercising by going for a 20 minute walk. You can find exercise plans on the internet, but you'd look at increasing this amount every couple of days at first by about 10 minutes. Remember to just walk, and do it every other day and rest at the weekend. The second week, walk for 10mins and jog for 2 minutes and repeat. Build it up slowly.

It will take you awhile, but by getting your eating habits sorted out first you are much more likely to lose the weight, be healthy and keep it off for good.

Hope that helps. :)

thank you so much for taking the time to right this i will take your advice and start to cut all the crap!! thanks again. x

if you want to lose weight quickly and dont care about your health, then diet. But the plain and simple truth is our bodies are not designed to go without exercise. We are designed to exert energy in order to obtain food for most of the day!

Also everytime you force your body to use up its emergency energy supply (usually going without food for more than four hours) your metabolic rate falls a little, making you use less calories and there is no easy way to increase it again! Over time your body slows down dramatically causing you to gain even more weight.

If you want to be healthy you need to do 30 mins exercise a day (maybe a walk?), eat every 3-4 hours something small, have balanced meals and make sure you have a healthy breakfast to kick start your metabolism in the mornings. Drink 2ltrs of water a day as thirst often feels like hunger.

If you want to do some serious exercise, you need to find something you can fit around your baby and that you enjoy. I saw an advert for something called pushymothers which looks great fun! Pram exercising! Or there is always swimming! If the pool has a creche you can go for a swim and then take your baby for a dunk afterwards.

I personally favour competative sports as that keeps me motivated! I love rowing as it is fantastic for your whole body and has a great social side to it. I go three times a week and Tom usually gets smothered and played with by everyone there whilst i get on with it.

It is very hard to be healthy whilst looking after a baby. I know i alwys find myself skipping meals and snacking on crisps and chocolate, but i do try to keep apples, nuts and dried fruit around to snack on instead. I also make loads of healthy ready made meals which i froze for days when i just dont have time.

if you want to lose weight quickly and dont care about your health, then diet. But the plain and simple truth is our bodies are not designed to go without exercise. We are designed to exert energy in order to obtain food for most of the day!

Also everytime you force your body to use up its emergency energy supply (usually going without food for more than four hours) your metabolic rate falls a little, making you use less calories and there is no easy way to increase it again! Over time your body slows down dramatically causing you to gain even more weight.

If you want to be healthy you need to do 30 mins exercise a day (maybe a walk?), eat every 3-4 hours something small, have balanced meals and make sure you have a healthy breakfast to kick start your metabolism in the mornings. Drink 2ltrs of water a day as thirst often feels like hunger.

If you want to do some serious exercise, you need to find something you can fit around your baby and that you enjoy. I saw an advert for something called pushymothers which looks great fun! Pram exercising! Or there is always swimming! If the pool has a creche you can go for a swim and then take your baby for a dunk afterwards.

I personally favour competative sports as that keeps me motivated! I love rowing as it is fantastic for your whole body and has a great social side to it. I go three times a week and Tom usually gets smothered and played with by everyone there whilst i get on with it.

It is very hard to be healthy whilst looking after a baby. I know i alwys find myself skipping meals and snacking on crisps and chocolate, but i do try to keep apples, nuts and dried fruit around to snack on instead. I also make loads of healthy ready made meals which i froze for days when i just dont have time.

i agree i dont like these fad diets either as they work for about a week then you tend to put more weight on then b4.

thanks for the tips.

i agree it is very hard to eat well when looking after such a young baby. i skip meals too or have something quick as i have so much to do or the baby is crying so i have to prepare something while holding him as i am so starving!

kerry, you will lose the weight, just promise me you won't go near diet pills or any fad diet. you will get there.

:hug:

Christine
X

I know its silly but its desperation!! This body isnt me... and I know how to lose weight sensibly and excercise used to be my middle name!! I know all this! I just want something to kick start the weight loss!! :(

i hate how i look too.....it is very depressing. if i could turn the clock back i would just have ate salads throughout the pregnancy:cry: i have about 3.5stone to lose and it seems so much i wonder if i will every be slim again!

Christine
X

im the same christine I wouldnt have binged quite so much!!

it is the one piece of advice i would give a pregnant lady - don't overeat thinking it will be easy to shift. i have lost weight so easily in the past but trying to lose this baby weight is awful. it won't budge!!!! i am no lighter to what i was 4 weeks post partum and i am now just over 9 weeks post partum!!!

if i get pregnant again in the future it will be salads, salads and more salads when i fancy a binge and i mean that!

good luck hun - we will get there!!!!

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583