Need help with uncertainty

AlliW1013

Reaction score
So this is my second post that I've made here, the last one being when I was trying to conceive (I lost my first at 5 weeks and my fiance and I have been trying for 4 months). Several days ago I noticed I was having very very light pink/brownish pink spotting followed by some mild "Aunt Flo is coming to visit early again" (my last period was a whole week earlier) cramps. But instead of getting heavier, the blood simply vanished and I was starting to freak out a little in a good way. So I waited two days and low and behold I got sick after I ate breakfast (which, the last time I puked was when I was 2 years ago and I rarely ever do). I had also noticed my breasts hurt and I was peeing a lot more frequently. So we went to a place where you can get a free, walk in HCG urine test (it's called Alternatives. It's basically the alternative to Planned Parenthood). Low and behold I was pregnant! My fiance are both happy, but right now I'm getting more and more scared as the days go by and that mark of 5 weeks gets close (which is when I lost my first). So I came here to ask a few questions to maybe help me calm down. I'd appreciate if I could get some help and maybe some insight.

• I've been cramping still. They aren't as bad as they were when I miscarried and they're on and off everytime I shift positions/get up or come back on their own every 25-45 mins or so. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
  • Is soda okay to drink when I'm pregnant in moderation?
  • Do I have a greater chance of losing my baby after a previous miscarriage?

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you c:

Cramping is normal. Sometimes it can be mild and other times it's a bit stronger. I actually had quite intense cramping in the early weeks.

Soda is okay in moderation. My OB told me a can a day. You should not have more than 200mg of caffeine a day.

No, you do not have a greater chance of miscarriage. Most women go on to have healthy pregnancies after miscarriage.
Good luck and Congratulations!!

Ditto to above ^
Congratulations :) try not to worry! I know how it feels after having losses it is difficult but I've decided to be optimistic and enjoy every second of this pregnancy:)

Cramping is normal. Sometimes it can be mild and other times it's a bit stronger. I actually had quite intense cramping in the early weeks.

Soda is okay in moderation. My OB told me a can a day. You should not have more than 200mg of caffeine a day.

No, you do not have a greater chance of miscarriage. Most women go on to have healthy pregnancies after miscarriage.
Good luck and Congratulations!!

Would it be any better if it's one caffeinated like Pepsi and another that is Caffein Free like sprite? I've been doing that to fill my cravings and I'm wondering if that's a better alternative and would be fine to continue. If not I'll definitely do one a day to keep my baby healthy c:

Ditto to above ^
Congratulations :) try not to worry! I know how it feels after having losses it is difficult but I've decided to be optimistic and enjoy every second of this pregnancy:)

I'm definitely happy! You should have seen me after I saw that second line come up on the HCG test. I bawled my eyes out because we've been trying for 4 long months and I finally have another chance to have a full family. It's so exciting but full of scary things that can happen. Pretty intimidating but regardless I'm enjoying this c:

Congratulations! Wishing you a sticky bean and H&H pregnancy!

My first pregnancy was a MC, too, so I have similar fears about this pregnancy, but things seem to be going okay now. I just take one day at a time.

Congratulations! Wishing you a sticky bean and H&H pregnancy!

My first pregnancy was a MC, too, so I have similar fears about this pregnancy, but things seem to be going okay now. I just take one day at a time.

My last Pregnancy didn't last past my period (my period literally came a week early last week). Today my period was due and so far, everything seems completely normal. No spotting, no waterfall of blood, and no cramps that nearly crippled me like my first did. I have a very good feeling this one is going to stick c:. I'm still nervous, as every parent is after they lost an unborn child. Missing my period, however, brought me some comfort.

Happy news! Wishing you luck! (And sorry to hear of your previous loss <3)

I am 4 weeks 4 days and my cramping was pretty darrrrn intense, up to and including yesterday (although it had been even worse around 13-17 dpo - first test was 12 dpo and it was positive). Today technically would be 19 dpo for reference, and should add I'm pretty positive I implanted on 5 dpo due to symptoms as well as nausea starting pretty intense 7 dpo.

I find now it's always there but comes in waves throughout the day where it will build and get bad then ease off.

Can't say how it will change from now on, just how it has been thus far!

I don't think cramping is necessarily a bad thing at all <3

Congrats!

I had two early losses before getting pregnant with this baby, so I understand why you'd be worried. The best advice I got was to take each day as it comes - Today you are pregnant and that is reason to celebrate. Don't worry about tomorrow, just focus on today :)

I'm 11w,5d now and I have had a lot of cramping throughout the time I've been pregnant. Some felt like period cramps, some where more intense. I had an ultrasound yesterday and I got to see a very active baby with a heartbeat, so I'm guessing the cramping is pretty normal. There's a lot of women who experience it in early pregnancy. As long as it's not intense and isn't accompanied by bleeding, I think it' all normal.

As others have said, soda in moderation is okay. I'm not sure about if you switched to something caffeine free. I'd ask your doctor just to double check.

Also, one loss does not make you any more likely to have another. When I had my last miscarriage, my doctor told me that I wasn't any more likely to lose another pregnancy than anyone else. He said that one loss is basically just bad luck. I believe that most women will have at least one loss in their life.

I hope that helped a little :flower:

Congratulations!

As others have said, cramping is totally normal. As long as its not super intense and accompanied by bleeding its fine. I had really bad cramps from implantation until 5ish weeks. Like daily. Since then they come and go every few days and theyre not as bad.

Everything in moderation, except the true "no no" stuff. 1 or 2 cans of soda (assuming youre not getting a ton of caffeine from other sources like coffee) are fine.

As for the anxiety, try to relax. The stress and worry isnt good for you OR baby. Focus on the here and now. Right now, you have every reason to believe that baby is healthy and growing perfectly in its squishy little home. Focus on that. Day by day. Try not to look too far ahead, it doesnt do you any good. Todays worries are enough for today. :hugs:

Happy news! Wishing you luck! (And sorry to hear of your previous loss <3)

I am 4 weeks 4 days and my cramping was pretty darrrrn intense, up to and including yesterday (although it had been even worse around 13-17 dpo - first test was 12 dpo and it was positive). Today technically would be 19 dpo for reference, and should add I'm pretty positive I implanted on 5 dpo due to symptoms as well as nausea starting pretty intense 7 dpo.

I find now it's always there but comes in waves throughout the day where it will build and get bad then ease off.

Can't say how it will change from now on, just how it has been thus far!

I don't think cramping is necessarily a bad thing at all <3

Right now I'm 4 weeks and 3 days. My baby is due around October 25th (which is amazing because I'm looking forward to finding little Halloween outfits for the baby and taking pictures <3) The cramping has gone down to about 1-4 times a day and is every hour or so now, so they're starting to become a lot better and I think this means that they're healthy c:. Thank you for the wishes of good luck, though! My Fiance and I greatly appreciate it and I wish you luck as well with your little one!

Congrats!

I had two early losses before getting pregnant with this baby, so I understand why you'd be worried. The best advice I got was to take each day as it comes - Today you are pregnant and that is reason to celebrate. Don't worry about tomorrow, just focus on today :)

I'm 11w,5d now and I have had a lot of cramping throughout the time I've been pregnant. Some felt like period cramps, some where more intense. I had an ultrasound yesterday and I got to see a very active baby with a heartbeat, so I'm guessing the cramping is pretty normal. There's a lot of women who experience it in early pregnancy. As long as it's not intense and isn't accompanied by bleeding, I think it' all normal.

As others have said, soda in moderation is okay. I'm not sure about if you switched to something caffeine free. I'd ask your doctor just to double check.

Also, one loss does not make you any more likely to have another. When I had my last miscarriage, my doctor told me that I wasn't any more likely to lose another pregnancy than anyone else. He said that one loss is basically just bad luck. I believe that most women will have at least one loss in their life.

I hope that helped a little :flower:

As I said to the previous person, my cramps have actually been getting better. Less intense but still coming around ever hour or so. No blood following it or anything, so I'm starting to become less worried. As for the soda, I drink only two a day. One in the morning (caffeinated because I cannot stand coffee and still need caffeine) and one in the afternoon (caffeine free to fill my cravings for sugar without eating a whole bag of Jolly Ranchers XD). The rest of the time it's either Juice, Milk, or a bottle of water. But that does help. It gives me a little more hope that this pregnancy is a sticky one! Thank you so much!

Congratulations!

As others have said, cramping is totally normal. As long as its not super intense and accompanied by bleeding its fine. I had really bad cramps from implantation until 5ish weeks. Like daily. Since then they come and go every few days and theyre not as bad.

Everything in moderation, except the true "no no" stuff. 1 or 2 cans of soda (assuming youre not getting a ton of caffeine from other sources like coffee) are fine.

As for the anxiety, try to relax. The stress and worry isnt good for you OR baby. Focus on the here and now. Right now, you have every reason to believe that baby is healthy and growing perfectly in its squishy little home. Focus on that. Day by day. Try not to look too far ahead, it doesnt do you any good. Todays worries are enough for today. :hugs:

The cramps have now gone down from popping up every 25-45 minutes to now about an hour or so and less intense than they were. Less like beginning of period cramps to more ending of period ones. So I'm guessing that they're healthy since they're going down intensity and consistency wise. I only drink up to two a day at max, with only one being caffeinated and one being just something to help with my sugar cravings. I've been doing a bunch to relax, and my anxiety went down a bunch after I actually missed my period this time around. I also have a feeling that this one is going to be the one that sticks :D! Thank you for the support and I hope your pregnancy goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"