Need Help

nehashah0412

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I need some help. We had our first appointment with doctor 2 weeks back and it was quite disappointing. As per our calculation I was 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant but after ultrasound, doctor mentioned that I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

The lady who did my ultrasound didn't check for heartbeat and didn't zoom in to even check for the heartbeat. It was her first day in that office.

This is my 2nd pregnancy and surprisingly I have NO symptoms at all. Doctor has scheduled another appointment this Friday, 6th Jan 2017. Hopefully they will detect heartbeat this time. I am 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant as per my calculation but as per doctor, it should be 8 weeks and 2 days.

Is it possible that the lady didn't perform ultrasound correctly?

I a extremely confused. the good part is that I don't have any bad symptoms (cramps and abdominial pain).

I had terrible symptoms with my 1st pregnancy so not sure whats going on this time.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neha

Anybody can always make a mistake, but I doubt she wouldn't know how to correctly do an ultrasound for a pregnancy. Was it a transvaginal or abdominal? Sometimes if it's abdominal this early on it's hard to see things. It could be too that the heart wasn't beating yet. I've seen some women post that they didn't get a beating heart until later on in the 6th week. I think if she got a measurement, which by giving you a date means she did, then she would have seen the heart beating if it had been. Just going by my own experience here. When I was pregnant with daughter, as soon as the probe was inserted and baby showed up, I could see the heart beating. Mine was transvaginal though, which makes a lot of difference. Good luck this Friday and congratulations!

I find out how far i am on the 19th but found out on the 28th of December. When you say you haven't had cramping or abdominal pain is that normal? I'm having pain pretty bad, I was thinking about going to the hospital because of the pain and i have brown spotting. I've been trying to find someone who maybe felt like this in a previous pregnancy, I'm just so clueless. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->