need help!

J

Joey_baby

me and my partner are planning to try next year, hes only just started working and im unable to work would we get by with putting a bit of hes money away every month, and plus im confused about the child benefit business someone unconfuse me :)

Hey :wave: Firstly welcome.....Are u on benefits such as DLA/ESA/JSA/Income support? because i think (not 100% sure) you should be entitled to the £500 sure start, that is now only available to people on benefits i believe. Every child gets child benefits, im not sure how much it is i believe its about £20 a week (someone who has kids will be able to help there)

Hi!
Child Benefit is £80 pcm for 1st child. Don't forget Child Tax Credits too and also the Health in Pregnancy Grant. God Luck x

thanks for replying, im not on no benefits yet, so when i do eventualy become pregnant il recieve the benefits? and does it matter how much my partner is earning for them to turn around and give me less or dont that matter?

if i were u i'd apply for the benefits now JSA if u are able to work, ESA or DLA if u are unable to work due to illness etc.....I think income does have a factor but im not 100% sure

Thanks, how much money do you think we should start saving before we begin to try just a rough idea, ive been browsing through alot of baby stuff and somethings are cheap but cots and things like that are over £100! do you have any websites that i can find cheapish things

Thanks, how much money do you think we should start saving before we begin to try just a rough idea, ive been browsing through alot of baby stuff and somethings are cheap but cots and things like that are over £100! do you have any websites that i can find cheapish things

i want to save £1800 which is double what i worked out for all the essentials minus a travel system.....ikea have cots cheap, clothing essentials like george at asda, tesco etc and also asda have there baby sale too, so good for nappies/wipes etc :)

i never thought about looking on ikea but i will now :) my baby is going to have loads of clothes from asda and tescos im allways looking on there websites and when im in there stores, so cheap, my boyfriend wants to buy loads of westham clothes but comparing prices its alot more expensive for example a couple of bibbs, asda is a couple quid for about 10 and the westham bibbs are about £10 for a couple! stupid right? the babys only going to be sick and dribble over it waste of money

yeah i dont see the point in expensive ones but then to have one expensive thing as a keep sake is nice :) i think when we have kids it will be george clothes, they are great quality and cheap :)

Hi!
Child Benefit is £80 pcm for 1st child. Don't forget Child Tax Credits too and also the Health in Pregnancy Grant. God Luck x

Health in Pregnancy grant has gone now, I think... :(

Sure Start centres (or at least the ones I've been in!) seem to have second hand stalls- I know friends who picked up some lovely stuff there very very cheap- and eBay is good for things too.

I bought a pair of Baby Converses about 4 years ago in Oxfam- brand new, only £1.99 (they're normally about £30!)- they were for display in my room, and now hang on a shelf in our lounge- not sure if Bubba will ever be allowed them! ;)

me neither chick, u can also make things if u are crafty :)

didnt take me long to learn and now i have plenty of baby blankets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->