Need input on whether to BD tonight or not...

uwfan27

Reaction score
OK ladies, here is my dilemma... I am trying to follow the SMEP and so far have been following it to the letter, BD on CD 8, 10 and 12. Today is CD13. I have yet to get a +opk so according to the plan, I do not BD tonight. But, (and here's the tmi part) I have more ewcm than ever and it is more than it was yesterday and more than I can remember it's ever been (perhaps thanks to the mucinex I started taking this cycle?). In the past this ewcm doesn't last very long, usually not more than a day or two at most. This is cycle #1 so no clue how potent DH sperm is, but he is ridiculously healthy so he has that going for him... (I know even the healthiest can have problems though!)

Oh, and we do not force ourselves to BD. Every time we've :sex: this month we have wanted to, TTC or not! So I guess I what I'm saying is, I want to tonight but I don't want to decease our chances. Any opinions and advice welcome! :thumbup:

I just went to take an opk to see what was happening today, I waited as long as I could because fmu is not as good. It is quite dark, but not quite a positive. I typically O day 14-15 so it could be close! I am also having a slight cramping feeling on my left side, which I usually get around O. Last month it was on the left though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

My fertility doctor says that daily intercourse doesn't decrease the sperm count in a statistically significant way unless it's low to begin with. I wouldn't abstain out of that fear, you're best to take advantage of the EWCM IMO.

OK thank you all! Sounds like I will be getting busy tonight! FX

Go for it! Better to have those spermies waiting for the egg! EWCM is a great sign and especially if you feel like it too!

We do it every second day from when AF finishes :D If your not fussed about Gender swaying etc, then just keep going til ext AF ;) Every second day gives enough time for sperm to generate (incase there are low sperm counts), and gives DH a break :p

Hey, please go for it !!!

You see, this cycle, I was waiting to get a positive OPK (like you) and did not BD for 3 days in between ... then I got a positive OPK and later found that I OD-ed the very same day! We did BD the night of positive OPK but now I think it might have been too late as I got a temp shift the very next day! So now I am counting myself out :(

Hope this doesnt happen to you ! Go for it !

Thanks everyone, and I did up up BD last night but woke up to my temp still low, no O yet! We have :sex: quite a bit this month already and aren't into the BD-every-night-for-3-nights part of SMEP yet! I had secretly hoped I would have O'd overnight so we could just 'get this over with'... Don't get my wrong, I still enjoy dtd with DH but this is... a lot. :) Whatever it takes, right??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->