Need input. Worried. :/ Spotting. UPDATE

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm just about 6 1/2 weeks now. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed light brown spotting start. Read a bunch, and decided it seems pretty normal. But today it's gotten a bit darker, and then just now when I went to the restroom, I noticed a brown/pink blob in the toilet. Nothing red, but it's worrying me. I think I am going to call the doctor in the morning. I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but I might need to go in early to make sure. I'm not cramping, which is the only thing that is keeping me positive.
This is my second pregnancy. I've never had a loss. And in my previous pregnancy, I had none of this confusing stuff. :(
Does anyone have any input? Has anyone gone through this?

Thank you all in advance!

You really need to call first thing, as it does need to be checked. In saying this I had one bleed in first tri around 8 weeks and two during second around 15 weeks. I ended up having placenta previa but our girl was/is a trooper. FX for an easy explanation and a nice healthy LO. Please keep us updated

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that your LO was okay! I'll definitely be calling the doctor in the morning. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing. I will definitely update. Thank you!

Hey

I had brown spotting at around 6. 5 weeks, it was all brown though. I had quite bad cramping too with it. As i had a miscarriage before I went and got scanned, and turns out it was implantation bleeding. The wee baby was fine and heart was beating away.

It might just be implantation bleeding for you too... hopefully it is. But i would call the early preg unit and see if they can scan you for re-assurance x

You can bleed in pregnancy for a variety of reasons. It's best to get checked out for your peace of mind :flower:

I bled with all but one of my pregnancies.

I had brown spotting for a week, GP referred me to EPU and all was fine, no reason for the spotting they said it is quite common in the 1st trimester.

Right now I've been getting brown bleeding when I wipe for the past 3 days and I went for an early scan at the epu on Monday and baby was fine little heart beating away. I'm still worried sick but it's not got any worse and no red blood. So I'm just hoping it will pass. Try not to worry Hun, I would call epu though I'm sure they'll get you in for a scan. They told me they could see no reason at all for the bleeding x

Thank you all for the replies! As far a implantation bleeding.. I think I saw that happen weeks ago. I had thought I was out and that AF was coming. I was almost sure. But it went away, and then tested and found out I was pregnant. Turned out I was wrong about AF. Lol. I'm more leaning toward random bleed.. but I will definitely be calling this morning. Thank you all!

Good luck. Hopefully they'll scan you. :flower:

So I called this morning. They said as long as I'm not cramping a lot, having abdominal pain of any kind, or bleeding a lot of red blood, that I'm probably okay and to monitor it for now. If anything changes, to let them know. I hope everything is okay. I went to the bathroom earlier, and noticed more upon wiping... but none of it is RED. It's pink/brown. I did notice a couple of red specs in it, though.

Glad you called them. Try to take it easy and put your feet up for now, and keep an eye on things.
It's a stressful experience I know, but these babies are remarkably strong in there. :flower:

It sounds almost exactly like mine is Hun, I can't say everything is going to be fine but I can say I'm in exactly the same position as you and totally understand how you feel. I did have a scan though and my baby was fine even with all the brown bleeding. Today I've sort of just come to terms with it. Because it's not red and I have no pain and my baby was fine 2 days ago I've just sort of thought I'm not worrying like I have been unless something changes! Please try to relax a little stress isn't good in early pregancy. And if you need to chat send me a private message. I've been a wreck the past few days xxxx

It sounds almost exactly like mine is Hun, I can't say everything is going to be fine but I can say I'm in exactly the same position as you and totally understand how you feel. I did have a scan though and my baby was fine even with all the brown bleeding. Today I've sort of just come to terms with it. Because it's not red and I have no pain and my baby was fine 2 days ago I've just sort of thought I'm not worrying like I have been unless something changes! Please try to relax a little stress isn't good in early pregancy. And if you need to chat send me a private message. I've been a wreck the past few days xxxx

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm just not feeling too good about it now. I have passed a little more pink/brown blood upon wiping.. never just flows out. Also, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.. but it's not making me think everything is okay. It seems like more each day. I also took an HPT just to see if my lines were still good.. and I don't know if it's diluted.. but they definitely seem lighter. I think I'll call the doctor again in the morning.. not that they can do anything.. but maybe we can at least know what's happening. And I know this is stupid.. but I read up on miscarriage symptoms.. and they say lightheaded/dizziness.. And I feel that since this afternoon. So, all in all, I'm going to hope for the best.. but it's not looking good. :nope:

Thinking of you! I had a scan today as well, due to bright red blood. I saw that tiny heart beat, and felt calmer.

Did you feel lightheaded/dizzy before or after reading it was one of the symptoms? I know that I've read symptoms of things before and then thought I was experiencing the symptoms as well. (Just trying to be optimistic that the symptoms were caused by anxiety about it happening, rather than it actually happening, which may come across poorly in text, I'm sorry!)

I'm thinking of you sweetie I been through a mc last week I wish things go good for you all the best

I can't help with the spotting as I've never had it, not even with my miscarriage. However I wouldn't worry about light-headedness and dizziness as they are symptoms of pregnancy too!

Thank you all for your concern and input. It means a lot! I had felt dizzy early in the day, and read that after. :/ It's seeming to progress more now to red blood now. I'm not holding much hope at this point. Ever since I had my son by c-section, I really don't feel cramping much (which is crazy because I used to have debilitating cramps), but I think I feel some cramping going on, too. I'm taking it as it wasn't meant to be. This would be my first miscarriage. I always said that I would understand it as something wasn't right, and it is meant to happen. I'm still going to call my doctor again to let them know. I don't know if they'll want to see me or not since I've never dealt with this.. but I guess we'll see! Thank you all for being so supportive!

So I called the doctor this morning. They are sending me for blood work today, and then again on Saturday to check my hcg levels. I don't have much confidence.. but we'll see what happens.

:( Thinking of you! Fingers are crossed for good results.

Thanks Samer!
Unfortunately I'm bleeding quite a bit now. Light cramping also. Almost like I have AF. Really hoped this would stick. :( Guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll find out what the bloodwork results are later on.. but I'm assuming I'm out this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->