Need Morning Sickness Help!

jlp34

Reaction score
It seems that no matter what I am eating I eventually throw it back up, including drinks! I am tired and cold, and very weak. I have tried the Ginger tea, eating oranges, drinking water, I know I am dehydrated because I am only peeing twice a day! I haven't gone number 2 in over a week. I thought raisins were the key but nope yesterday my body rejected that. Even tried Chinese food last, nope! I thought for sure Cream of Rice would have stayed down, it did last week, nope!

Any suggestions on what to eat, it seems that popcicles and Italian Ice are it, but it doesn't fill me up, and it's worse when I am hungry, I get nauseated because of hunger! Granted I haven't been pregnant in 8 years but I knew back then I could eat something, like cookies,or ice cream. The sad thing is it's getting harder to prepare meals for my family, because one I can't eat it, or try it to see if it tastes good. Plus, even thinking about cooking makes me queasy.

What can the MS girls eat now a days?? I am hoping this doesn't go on for months or I will end up a toothpick!

I would try rich tea biscuits or dry crackers :) they worked for me but make sure u eat them before even getting out of bed, have them on yur bedside table.

I would also recommend speaking to your mw x

Speak to your midwife if you can't keep anything down, I was told to go to doctors if I was sick more then 4 times a day.
Apparently travel sickness bands help nausea.

I tried EVERYTHING with my last pregnancy and nothing worked. This time around I will be doing acupuncture. Hope it ends soon for you!

Also little snacks throughout the day makes it a little better (never let your tummy get empty).

If you can get something down, eating frequently will help. But that is useless if you can't keep anything down. I was able to eat cream of wheat most days and ice cream, but it got to a point where even those wouldn't stay down. Have you tried vitamin b6 with unisom? It didn't work for me, and I ended up getting prescribed Zofran because like you I couldn't even keep liquids down and was dehydrated and not getting any nutrients. But that combination works wonders for tons of women I've seen previously on here, as well as recommended by my MW because she has seen it help most women. Otherwise, I would phone your mw and talk to her about other options!

I hear you! This is my first pregnancy, and my morning sickness has been really bad since week 6. It's not slowing down at all. I've been having problems keeping food down as well. I'm on medication, plus have tried ginger and sickness bands....nothing works, it's so frustrating! I keep trying to remind myself what will come of this at the end of the 9 months, that seems to be my only motivation.

Hope it gets better for both of us!

i would go to the doctors they can prescribe tablets to help stop you being sick and then you can keep food and drinksdown x

Keep nibbling so you don't get hungry (but easier said than done) - if you're getting dehydrated I would defo go to the docs / mw. Hope it eases soon for you.

I found Orange juice & ginger biscuits helped me but you've had similar alternatives so think you should speak to your mw.

The ladies above are right - keep snacking to avoid hunger. My nausea has become more manageable since I learned that. I usually eat 2 table water crackers with a little bit of cream cheese spread whenever I feel hungry. Then I wash it down with a sip of orange juice. For me, the key is to keep my portions very small.

thank you for the replies, I have tried the small snacking trial and error and nope that doesn't help. The only thing I have managed to do is eat a little bit at night. Nighttime seems to be okay but if I overdue it, I feel nauseous and tend to vomit. Last night I had 5 crackers, and two popcicles. During the day I couldn't stand not eating and had a danish, and threw up on that, I also throw up in the morning no matter what. I also had Sierra Mist and two glasses of Apple juice, only to get rid of it later on that day. I also looked up this thing called preggie pops but Target doesn't sell them where i am located and I ended up getting B-Natal pops. They unfortunately only help you out when you are sucking on them, and you can only have 3 a day because they have B4 vitamins in them. So I am trying to eat but it is not working. Oh well, I don't like medication so I may not be doing that. It was worth a shot.

I had constant nausea from 5 weeks to 7 weeks and it greatly slowed down after that because I stopped taking my prenatels and started taking something else. I am certain it was those prenatals that made me so sick. I dont know if you are even taking any or if you are able to keep them down, but that is what did it for me. You need the nutrients, but me switching to a different kind made a world of difference for me. I'm feeling a ton better now just because of that. I'm so glad I was able to figure that out quickly enough. I still feel sick around certain smells and food, but it's not 24/7 any more for me. Some advice that was given to me was If there is ANYTHING that you can eat and keep down then do it. Popsicles are better than nothing! And before I was pregnant I only liked room temperature water, but I'm finding now that anything really icy and cold is fabulous! Its ice water for me now all the time!

i tried everything to even now still wearing the sea bands i kept bugging the dorctors and finally they gave in at xmas and gave me some cyclizine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->