Need opinions: Soy iso and clomid resistance

no_regrets_91

LTTTC 10 YEARS
Reaction score
Ok so after taking clomid 50mg days 5-9 with no change and clomid 100mg days 5-9 with no change. The clomid challenge test showed I am clomid resistant. I also showed no change with femera. Currently I am taking tomoxifen 30mg but I am not holding my breath that it will do anything and neither is my RE. Next cycle we will do injectables and then if still no bfp we will have to take a break to save up for more meds.
So in the mean time I was wondering should I try soy isoflavones during our med break? Would it not do anything because of the clomid resistance? If i do try it how much should I take and when?

I am so desperate to get my ovaries working! I have not ovulated in atleast five years.

Any advise is welcome! Thank you!

REALLY! common I have seen plenty of posts on here about soy! can anyone offer any advice at all. Please :cry:

I don't think it would hurt to try it, but I THINK that Clomid and soy work in the same way, so if Clomid didn't work I'm not sure that soy would. The dose of soy that you would need to take is about double of what you would be taking of Clomid...so if you wanted to take the equivalent of 50 mg of Clomid, it would be 100 mg of soy and so on. :hugs::flower:

Have you had your amh tested for ovarian reserve? Failing the clomid challenge test (was it done as a challenge or just a regular 5 day dose?) can indicate poor ovarian reserve......in which case higher dose injectibles is the way forward.

Have you had your amh tested for ovarian reserve? Failing the clomid challenge test (was it done as a challenge or just a regular 5 day dose?) can indicate poor ovarian reserve......in which case higher dose injectibles is the way forward.

my reserve is fine. I am just clomid resistant. my re says I have very stubborn overies! so I don't respond to it, or femera, and I find out tomorrow if tomoxifen did anything. but i doubt it.

In study's Tamoxifen was found to be stronger then clomid ,dident do much for me though, good luck I hope it works for you!.

well, tomoxifen did absolutly nothing for me! on to injectables with iui in january i suppose.

Sorry to hear that. It's so disappointing when you don't respond to something. I did ovulate twice on 150 mg Clomid and then stopped responding, and then didn't respond to Femara, and last month I had a poor response to a low dose of injectables (Bravelle and Menopur). I'm currently waiting to start a higher dose of Follistim and Menopur.

Good luck with the injectables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->