Need some advice

cbbrankley

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I'm kind of in a complicated situation. I have horrible anxiety issues and because of that, I am terrified of being pregnant because it's a little weird having something growing inside of you and it kind of freaks me out a little. Then, there is no easy way to get it out!! Medical stuff also freaks me out a little, so that makes it a little worse. Then to top it off, I actually have to raise the child and try to prevent them from being a basket case like me, so all of it gets to me. However, I wasn't always this scared. I've wanted children as long as I can remember and My husband, who is 32, is beyond ready for kids. We've always talked about having children since we got together 6 years ago and even tried to at one point. I really want children now, but I am just terrified. I even keep having dreams about having a baby and breastfeeding and all of that. My anxiety prevents me from going out very much though and I would feel like a horrible mother if I let my anxiety prevent me from doing stuff with my children. My husband has really bad knees and really wants kids while he still can play sports and stuff with them. He told me yesterday that he really wants to start trying and that he knows I'm scared but he would do all he could to make me feel calm and comfortable through the whole process. If you were in the situation, what would you do??

Have you found the cause of your anxiety? If I were you I would give myself a little more time to help yourself be less anxious. Change your diet, meditate, seek a counselor, take herbal remedies...do something to help your anxiety go away. I feel that you need to be healthy first.
Nothing really can prepare you for motherhood. If you have a support system behind you that are willing to help then I would say, go for it. ITs really a tough decision. Again, I feel that you should make yourself the healthiest you can be first.

I recently started working on my anxiety again, I just feel guilty that we used to talk about having kids as soon as we were married, and now, four years later, I'm too scared and he really wants them like yesterday, lol.

I would say first sort out your anxiety issues and then start TTC. Are you on any medication currently? Unless and until everything is under control, you may not wish to have additional responsibilities on you, hun? This is for physical aspects I am talking about.

Emotionally, whether you are ready or not, that no one can predict but you. Until you have your own, you really don't know what you'll be like. But once you have a baby, the maternal instinct just kicks in. Will you be able to handle it all? Realistically, it may take a while to get those how-to's honed. But before you know it, mothering will indeed become second nature. Meanwhile, you can read a lot about baby care, meet up friend who have babies as a part of preparing yourself

Certainly I think working on your anxiety first would be a good idea. And being a hypnotherapist, I can't help but suggest you look into hypnotherapy. It works wonders for anxiety issues and the best part is that it works FAST.

I would say first sort out your anxiety issues and then start TTC. Are you on any medication currently? Unless and until everything is under control, you may not wish to have additional responsibilities on you, hun? This is for physical aspects I am talking about.

Emotionally, whether you are ready or not, that no one can predict but you. Until you have your own, you really don't know what you'll be like. But once you have a baby, the maternal instinct just kicks in. Will you be able to handle it all? Realistically, it may take a while to get those how-to's honed. But before you know it, mothering will indeed become second nature. Meanwhile, you can read a lot about baby care, meet up friend who have babies as a part of preparing yourself

I just started taking meds a few months ago. I don't know for sure if I could handle it or not. It scares me to think about it. My husband says he'll help me through everything but it's still me that has to carry a child and give birth to it.

Certainly I think working on your anxiety first would be a good idea. And being a hypnotherapist, I can't help but suggest you look into hypnotherapy. It works wonders for anxiety issues and the best part is that it works FAST.

I tried hypnotherapy once and I liked it but haven't had the chance to go back yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->