need some advise from you ladies with long cycles please.

stir crazy

mother of 4 expecting 5th
Reaction score
Ok ladies here goes...
Back in december I had surgery to remove large cycst along with right ovary and tube.
Before this op I had a 28 day cycle ovalating on day 13/14,
Now my cycles are 42 days so decided to use ovalation strips
To try and figure out when I ovulate now.
Done one same time every day since af stoped always had 2 lines but test line is faint.
But on 13th day after af I got a positive in the morning, t line the same darkness as c line.
Surley I wouldnt ovulate then if my cycle is now 42 days.
CONFUSED
I tested every day since faint lines on all so negative.
If you dont mind me asking, those of you who have long cycles what day do you ovalate.
Thank you xx

Maybe this cycle is going to be shorter?

Depends on my cycle (it varies) but this cycle I just had I ovulated on CD 22 and af arrived on CD 38, which meant my luteal phase was 16 days. On average a luteal phase is 14 days but it can be shorter or longer, a friend of mine has a luteal phase of 18 days...I dont know of anyone with a longer luteal phase than that.

If you definitely ovulated then your af should arrive in the region of 14 days after. How long since you got your positive opk?

Thank you for reply :)
I got positive 3 days ago only had faint lines since.
If I was to go by my old cycle of 28 day af would be due on 30th.
But with this 42 day cycle af should be 11/12 august.

Are you temping? You've probably heard it before but I'm a broken record for temping. OPKs aren't perfect indicators of ovulation. I'd use them in combination with temping if at all possible.

I agree with the previous poster! Maybe you'll luck out with a shorter cycle! You might also have another surge later in the month and ovulate then. Good luck! Keep us posted!!

The luteal phase is the second half of your cycle, after you ovulate. It needs to be longer than 10 days, 12+ is ideal.

strips pick up lh surge can get these and not ovulate but get + test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->