Need some reassurance please?

Stargazer33

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 4 +3 weeks pregnant. Couple of days after I found out I was pregnant I catched a pretty nasty bronchitis, doctor put me on a safe antibiotics but I cough pretty hard sometimes the whole days now, and this afternoon noticed a very mild cramping and some very ligth brown spotting only when I wipe. Could this be implantation still or could it be from my coughing so hard?
I tried to call my Ob and they are closed for the day....

Cramps are not painful only on and off and after laying down and rest makes it better.

Implantation seems likely. Particularly if the pressure from your cough pushed it out. I wouldn't worry unless you see red, but if for no reason other than your peace of mind, do call the OB when they open.

I think implantation happens in the week or so after ovulation, although I'm not sure, and if the blood is brown it could be from then anyway, and the cramps could be because of the coughing. It's probably nothing but it's always better to check and put your mind at rest - I'd give them a call tomorrow x

Thank you so much for quick response ladies:winkwink: I'll call them tomorrow morning!!

As long as its bown its old blood and its very fine! Its normal to spot when you would have expected af

As long as its not red and painful I wouldn't worry.
I spotted 2x in my pregnancy with my daughter.

I have checked very gently inside sorry Tmi, and it's mostly mixed with discharge but it is very small amounts or streaks of ligth red blood? It hurts down there today when I cough.... I'm scared:cry:
I think I'm going to call my Ob as soon as they open...

I would call your OB for some reassurance. Hope everything is okay. :hugs:

I just got off the phone with the Ob and they said it's normal with ligth cramps and ligth pink spotting. She said the pain was probably from uterus expanding:winkwink: And told me to try to relax and if I were to bleed bright red and more pain to call rigth away. I feel a little better knowing that they know:winkwink: But thank you for all of your replies, it's so nice to have this community here:winkwink:
This will be my 6th baby and hopefully everything goes well.

My Ob told me this spotting is normal but its my 3rd day now, only spotted ligth brown again but my stomach is messed up and been running to go number two several times today, it migth be the antibiotics i took days ago? Now when I went 20 minutes ago I did number two again and I have more spotting now, rusty red/brown, it freaked me out!! I feel discomfort slightly pain only on left side again.... this is not fun.... I have never experienced this type of spotting nor bleeding in other pregnancies. i phoned my ob office and they seemed annoyed by me calling again and just said its normal...

Your best bet at this point is to assume your OB is right and that it is normal, unless you experience extreme pain or full red flow. At this point you can't prevent a miscarriage if that is what is happening, so you should try to relax. I know it's easier said than done, but what will be will be. If you miscarry at this point it will be because your baby couldn't have survived. Not your fault. :hugs:

Fingers crossed for you. <3

Do you feel pregnant? Painful boobs etc?

My miscarriage was similar to what your describing I was told not to worry. It went from off-colour discharge to red when I wiped, for days. Then I got the pain in my back on and off. Fine when I rested. Then all of a sudden I just bled! However, my midwife at the time asked me whether I feel pregnant, did my boobs hurt. They didn't and for a while I had known in my head that it wasn't progressing.

I hope it's not and I hope sharing my story hasn't freaked you out I just thought having been there with no body telling me anything then it may help.

Hope all goes well. X

Thank you arturia and Hannah, my boobs still hurts lol:winkwink:
The spotting has turned bright red but no flow, but I have a dull pain only down on my left lower back?

I got an appointment for tomorrow with hopefully a scan to calm me down. I'm updating later:winkwink:

ok ladies so yesterday i was 12 dpo and i tested positive on dollar tree's assured pregnancy test it was a faint line followed by the dark line, then this morning with FMU and 13 dpo i tested negative... :bfn could i still be pregnant? blood test is tomorrow but right now i need reassurance.

Crazy, were they the same kind of test? When is your period due? It's possible for various reasons (faulty test, urine not concentrated enough despite being FMU) however equally likely you had a chemical. If you did, your period will likely come on time. The blood test should clear up any uncertainty.

If it was a chemical... :hugs:

I'm 2 days late and have had symptoms I doubt it's a chemical pregnancy I havent been obsessing too much about it.. could i still have one though i'm not obsessing? and could that just be a false negative?

Yes, false negative is possible. If you drank too much before bed, you could have diluted, particularly if you don't have much HCG yet. The test itself could have been bad too. And yes, you could still be having a chemical if your positive went away, in which case your period will probably arrive within a couple days. (but you might know by then if the blood test doesn't have the results you want)

Yes, false negative is possible. If you drank too much before bed, you could have diluted, particularly if you don't have much HCG yet. The test itself could have been bad too. And yes, you could still be having a chemical if your positive went away, in which case your period will probably arrive within a couple days. (but you might know by then if the blood test doesn't have the results you want)

: my faint line is still on the test and has remained the same faintness as yesterday this positive was clear as day where you could hold it out in front of you and see.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"