need some reassurance

mah0113

Reaction score
I got a bfp (frer) on 8 dpo using afternoon urine (around 4 pm)---it was faint, but obviously pink and not a squinter. This particular test has now dried out and is stained a dark yellow color so I am assuming this means my pee was very comcentrated?

Took another free using fmu on 9 dpo and it was positive as well but not as dark as the afternoon 8 dpo test. This test is not stained yellow at all.

Naturally, after seeing a lighter fmu test I began to panic. So I took another frer around 5 pm of 9 dpo and it was even lighter than the fmu test. This one is a bit of a squinter.

What I am hoping: the darkest test was super concentrated and that's why it's stained yellow and darker than the others. 9 dpo fmu is darker than 9 dpo 5 pm because of the standard reason that fmu is more concentrated and that I am still very early to even be getting positives so don't put too much stock in the darkness of the line.

What I am freaking out about: tests are getting lighter and it's a super early loss

I almost want to hold my pee for another 4 hours and get another frer and use it for fmu. But u am scared. ..what if it's slighter or bfn.

I got my first blood test yesterday, at 9 dpo, next one is Saturday at 11 dpo. Won't get results until Monday earliest.

There are a lot of variables that go into the darkness of a line. Your pee could have been very diluted or the test could have had a lower amount of dye in it. Don't freak yourself out just yet, especially this early on. It takes up to 72 hours for some people to double their hcg counts so just take it easy and stop testing for a few days if you can. :hugs:

I agree ! I know it's hard but try not to test for a couple days or even tomorrow night if you can !

I got a bfp (frer) on 8 dpo using afternoon urine (around 4 pm)---it was faint, but obviously pink and not a squinter. This particular test has now dried out and is stained a dark yellow color so I am assuming this means my pee was very comcentrated?

Took another free using fmu on 9 dpo and it was positive as well but not as dark as the afternoon 8 dpo test. This test is not stained yellow at all.

Naturally, after seeing a lighter fmu test I began to panic. So I took another frer around 5 pm of 9 dpo and it was even lighter than the fmu test. This one is a bit of a squinter.

What I am hoping: the darkest test was super concentrated and that's why it's stained yellow and darker than the others. 9 dpo fmu is darker than 9 dpo 5 pm because of the standard reason that fmu is more concentrated and that I am still very early to even be getting positives so don't put too much stock in the darkness of the line.

What I am freaking out about: tests are getting lighter and it's a super early loss

I almost want to hold my pee for another 4 hours and get another frer and use it for fmu. But u am scared. ..what if it's slighter or bfn.

I got my first blood test yesterday, at 9 dpo, next one is Saturday at 11 dpo. Won't get results until Monday earliest.

I totally was freaked out and testing at least once a day to see lines darkening... and they were all over the place. There was a general trend towards darkness by the time I ran out of tests, but I think it really does depend on your urine concentration a lot. Also it took quite a few days before it was more than a very faint line. I know how stressful it is, but try not to worry. I am 11 weeks and 5 days today with a strong sticky baby despite my tests doing what yours are doing now. Best of luck and congrats!

Its hard to use tests as progression as it could go either way. For me personally i had the same thing and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy and if i had of never tested early I'd never known i was pregnant. So ive not tested early since :) that is super early for a bfp too so looks like you might have just caught it and the levels should rise every 48 hours. So try hold off on testing again for a bit.
Hopefully you have a nice sticky bean in there :hugs:

Tests are fickle!! I'm 6 weeks today. Have been testing daily because of a history of mmc. Woke up today CONVINCED the baby was gone. So I took a test and it was COMPLETELY negative. I took a 2nd and it was positive but lighter than the other 25 I have still sitting here from the last 2 weeks. Took a 3rd and it was slightly darker. Waited3 hours and tested a fourth time with more dilute urine and it was SUPER DARK.
The moral of this story is a BFP is a BFP. All my tests were Wondfos from the same bag. I think the test lines vary based on the dye I think the higher the hcg the darker the line but if a random test is suddenly lighter it prob means nothing. And in your case it's way too soon for you to have much hcg in your urine. (My beta a week ago was 4611 and I still had 4 very looking test results in 3 hours time!) try to relax and don't test again for 48 hours. *hugs* I know this waiting is torture.

Tests are fickle!! I'm 6 weeks today. Have been testing daily because of a history of mmc. Woke up today CONVINCED the baby was gone. So I took a test and it was COMPLETELY negative. I took a 2nd and it was positive but lighter than the other 25 I have still sitting here from the last 2 weeks. Took a 3rd and it was slightly darker. Waited3 hours and tested a fourth time with more dilute urine and it was SUPER DARK.
The moral of this story is a BFP is a BFP. All my tests were Wondfos from the same bag. I think the test lines vary based on the dye I think the higher the hcg the darker the line but if a random test is suddenly lighter it prob means nothing. And in your case it's way too soon for you to have much hcg in your urine. (My beta a week ago was 4611 and I still had 4 very looking test results in 3 hours time!) try to relax and don't test again for 48 hours. *hugs* I know this waiting is torture.

Yours could be the hook effect. Try diluting your fmu with water and see if the line is darker

mod- I took 3 tests w that same FMU and got 3 diff results so I think it's the cheap tests. What's the hook effect?

Hook effect is where you have way too much hcg and the test comes out negative, but 6 weeks is way too early for that. It's prob the cheap tests

I have no self control and took like 5 more tests after this post lol. Thankfully they seem to be getting darker, although they are still faint and I got a negative on a digital. But I'm only 11 dpo today so not stressing the digital or the fact that they're not super dark. I'm just relieved there is a progression from 8 dpo. Testing early is a liability lol. Causes more stress than excitement!

Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement

mah- That's good news. And it's still super early. My first test date was 12dpo and I got a very faint BFP. Try to wait 48 hours until you test again. Hopefully your hcg will double and that digi will also be positive. I think you're fine. It's just early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->