need some reasurance 27+5

kbwebb

Reaction score
last night and today ive felt weird, i cant explain it i just 'dont feel right'.
last night i began getting mild period back pain, like a dull ache. and in around a hour i had 4-5 contractions, although its hard for me to time them because my stomach is hard basically all of the time. i thought that she was just sticking out her bum or something and thats why my stomach and back was feeling tight, but then wondered if it was braxton hicks or contractions. most of the time i didnt know i was having a contraction, i would be that id get more pain in my back and id feel my stomach and it was harder than before, then the pain would go away.
i have an anterior placenta, and i heard that this means im more likely to feel the pain in my back rather than my front. i managed to go to sleep but this morning i still have a dull ache in my back and occasionally it tightens, but not reguarly as i can tell. i rang l&d and the woman just suggested i take some pain killers and said if anything changes to ring back. i feel in a way i was made to feel abit stupid and that its just a back ache and nothing more.
the reason why i worry that it might be more is that my mum had multiple premiees, and my MIL didnt know she was in labour she just had back ache.

if they not gettin stronger or closer together probs be more like BH i would take sum pain killers and try and have a nap and see what happens, if ur still worried i would ring them back x

I agree, if they are quite regular then I would just go to l+d stuff what they say on the phone. Otherwise, make sure you are hydrated and monitor the situation
Prematurity isn't genetic though so you're not any higher risk than most.

thanks ladies, the painkillers seemed to make it go away for the most part. if it happens again next time, ill just go straight there instead of ringing just to be on the safe side! :flower:

If painkillers make it go away, it's probably painful Bh's. My bh's were alwasy painfrul (got them from about 12 weeks on) but the labour contractions were something else completely and certianly didn't get less painful with a glass of water/rest/painkillers/shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->